Stihl 026/260 cheap carb solution! Hutzl Zama

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nstueve

Makita Freak!
Reaction score
Hey guys just thought I would share the results of the newer hutzl 260/026 carbs. I've always been a walbro 194 guy or even a 22b/g when separating to fully adjustable carbs on 026/260's.

The Chinese Hutzl is marked Zama and is fully adjustable once you pull the limiter (and plug if you wish). I pulled the plug to show the 2 carb needles better.

I put this carb on a 026pro that was having problems idling and revving to full power. It did have the dreaded fixed high jet needle. The carb swap fixed the problems and tuned out great at about 3/4 turn on high and 1.2 turns on low. I know most like 1 full turn out on both but the saw was doggy and burbling so I leaned it up. It cleared out and ran fantastic... I have a video if I can figure out how to load it...

5ujaqypa.jpg

u8aqeza6.jpg

Almost forgot the Zama Hutzl carb was off eBay and can be bought for just under $20. If you are cheap and watch the auctions you might be able to get one for $5 less...

Cheap fix that doesn't cost $70 for a new wt194 now!!!!

Yep they work good for as cheap as they are. I also forgot to mention that the Venturi is the same size as the wt194 so it should support a woods ported 026/260.

Don't bank on it being a real Zama.... its a knock-off!

I really don't care since it's $50 cheaper than a new wt194... I've got a video of this carb on the 026 hauling arse through a really dry hard piece of elm with an 18in 3/8 bar. trying to load to photobucket now so I can share it.

while that may be true, guess who makes the crankshafts,,for the roundy round racers??? and they are high quality......scat cranks,,are china made...
That might explain why scat cranks are breaking.
On a diesel site i'm on,scat cranks were the go to crank.But some are begining to break like the OEM cranks.Soooo do you spend the big $$$ and hope?Or stay OEM and hope?
Thomas

Back