stihl 026 carb and piston woes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banderso

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all,

Put a new piston and rings in my very first "used" chainsaw. Does anybody know what the torques specs are for the jug bolts (does it matter??)

I could also use help on how to set the carb once i get it back together. This site is great!!!!!!!!

Stihl 026 carb questions

There are three screws on my saw. A low and High and then one that is marked LA. I think I have an idea on how to set the high but what about the low and the LA. I just put a new piston and rings in this so I want to make sure I adjust it properly.

Set the H and L exactly one turn out from gently seated... and the LA so it just cracks open the butterfly. If you carb is in decent shape and you have no air leaks, the saw will start and run slighly rich (good).

Then do a search on this Site and www.Madsens1.com before starting..

BTW, sounds like you did this wiyhout a sevice manual.. Check that you put the piston in with the arrow pointing towards the exhaust... If you didn't it will start and run for precisely 7.9 seconds (you get the idea....).... then you'll be replacing the engine again.

Back