Stihl 026 MD.:V08 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigger-Time

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Did Stihl use a MD code for a while? I ended up with two more
026 saws one has a MD of .:V08 the other MD.:V09
Can someone tell the manufacture date.

I think it's May 1998.. One of the first pre-epa lables. Maybe it's August 1995..

You can guess the other ;)

I can verify it with a serial number...

Is the gas tank vent bad, if I shake the saw turn it upside down
and it leaks at the vent? it has the vale that goes in through the tank.
It dosen't leak bad.............but it dose leak

Does it have the tall black vent or the short white vent? The black vents can leak a small amount as the tank flapper valve was not installed in that model (you can) - only two screw threads impeded the fuel flow in the black vent..

Does it have the tall black vent or the short white vent? The black vents can leak a small amount as the tank flapper valve was not installed in that model (you can) - only two screw threads impeded the fuel flow in the black vent..

It has the white vent that you install the flapper through the gas tank
fill hole.

Your flapper needs replacing... The trick is to sllightly enlarge the hole by distorting it with a scribe (NOT drill), then push fromt he inside with the index finder while gently probing up the sides of the bulge from the top... Yep, I've broken quite a few at installation...

Your flapper needs replacing... The trick is to sllightly enlarge the hole by distorting it with a scribe (NOT drill), then push fromt he inside with the index finder while gently probing up the sides of the bulge from the top... Yep, I've broken quite a few at installation...

Ok..........I will buy two, to start with :)

Latest posts

Back