• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 026 Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveSr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello,

As a volunteer for our local trail club (www.ncmst.org) I buy and rebuild saws to be used by local task forces across the state. I recently picked up most of an 026 on Craigs List. I am currently looking for the following parts:

- Air box cover. This is for the newer style 026 tank assembly which has the improved AV stops and bigger hole for the fuel pickup. The part number for the complete cover in the IPL shows 1121-140-1904. 1121-141-1010 is stamped inside the cover itself. I believe that you can also identify it by the rectangular quarter-turn latch instead of the round knob that was found on the older covers. I don't know if the older cover will fit the newer tank assembly.

- Adjustable oil pump conversion pieces. This saw was a non-pro model with the non-adjustable pump and would like to convert it. This way the bar oil stays in the wood and not all over the powerhead!

Once you all stop laughing I would appreciate it if you would look in your junk bins for these parts. Last time I looked for similar parts about 2 years ago they seemed to be everywhere. Now they seem to be magically transformed into that most rare material - unobtanium!

Thanks,

Steve

I have an air box cover from an 026 Pro. It appears to be a later-style cover (at least it's not an early version) but the PN molded inside is 1121 141 1007. It's in nice shape on the outside, and has an unobtrusive and repairable interior crack which I'm forcing open in the second pic.

IMG_0310.JPG IMG_0311.JPG

Also, there's an eBay seller that has the whole oil pump conversion kit NOS for $58.63 shipped. Let me know if you want a link.

What does the black cover inside the AC cover do? Do engines run better with it installed or not?

To the OP. A lot of guys prefer the standard oiler over the pro. I have both and don't notice that much of a difference. The standard one certainly oils more.

As long as you're not in the habit of letting your saw idle for long periods of time, you won't notice much difference. I'm still trying to figure out why they made this model with continuous oiling, has to be a reason.

As long as you're not in the habit of letting your saw idle for long periods of time, you won't notice much difference.
Our saws get used for trail work and cleanup with a lot of brushing and limbing. The saws do tend to get idled a lot while pulling brush. With the continuous oiler we find about twice the oil consumption and half of it seems to end up all over the powerhead. The adjustable clutch driven oiler saws stay *much* cleaner.

I'm still trying to figure out why they made this model with continuous oiling, has to be a reason.
It is considerably cheaper to manufacture. The adjustable clutch driven oiler on the 026 effectively was the death knell to the 028 saw as the 026 now had the same power and features with a significant reduction in weight.

I have an air box cover from an 026 Pro. It appears to be a later-style cover (at least it's not an early version) but the PN molded inside is 1121 141 1007. It's in nice shape on the outside, and has an unobtrusive and repairable interior crack which I'm forcing open in the second pic.
PM Sent

Our saws get used for trail work and cleanup with a lot of brushing and limbing. The saws do tend to get idled a lot while pulling brush. With the continuous oiler we find about twice the oil consumption and half of it seems to end up all over the powerhead. The adjustable clutch driven oiler saws stay *much* cleaner.

It is considerably cheaper to manufacture. The adjustable clutch driven oiler on the 026 effectively was the death knell to the 028 saw as the 026 now had the same power and features with a significant reduction in weight.
Makes total sense. All of it.

Latest posts

Back