Stihl 026 tank vent question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodchiper

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a 026 that was running like a champ until the tank vent came off. I was not able to find it. Had the mechanic here at work order one and what came in would not have fit. Where it used to be there is now a collar with a little orange something sticking up. Looking at some parts breakdowns it seems maybe there's a updated tank/handle? Should I just order that? If I could have seen what came off this might be somewhat easier. Thanks

He posted 2 of the (I believe) 4 vents they came with.

If you are talking about the red flapper that stays in the tank with the tit sticking up under the vent cap, you put in it through tank with a set of hemostats and pull the tit through with a pair of needle nose till it seats. Use a little grease.

He posted 2 of the (I believe) 4 vents they came with.

If you are talking about the red flapper that stays in the tank with the tit sticking up under the vent cap, you put in it through tank with a set of hemostats and pull the tit through with a pair of needle nose till it seats. Use a little grease.
thanks . I'll try again. ripped the first one i tried like that but didn't use any grease.:angry:

Wanted to come back around and say thanks for the help. Got the parts installed and the saw runs like a champ. In fact it just well may be the best running saw I use, and that includes a few newer models. It may help I put a shorter bar on it and made it more of a pruner. That said in the last three years I downed and cut up over 150 ash trees at work and this is the first repair I've had to do to the saw.

What is that second style vent? I picked up an 026 with a smashed handle that has one type of vent, but the replacement handle appears to be the second style with the black cover. Unfortunately, it did not come with the saw. The vent hole in the top of the tank is open and it has the narrow, taller style white surround. It's the last part I need before I can get this one running again, but I can't pin down what parts I need. I wasn't even aware of the differing vent styles until I did the handle swap today.

Back