Stihl 028 Bogging Out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j_wilson1

Reaction score
Okay, Im sure this was answered somewhere in here, but I couldn't find it. I have a 028WB that is an excellent running saw. The only problem is after it has run for some time. If I let the saw idle for more than 2 or 3 seconds, it will bogg out when I give it gas. If I feather the throttle real fast I can get it to rev back up without stauling out, and runs great. I asked my local Stihl Dealer and was told not to mess with it, Not the answer I was looking for. Help!!

o28 bogging

JW, I suspect that this saw has had some use.I would do a compression check and see what you get.I suspect that you may need a new set of rings. The reason that the dealer told you to not mess with it is that from my vantage point is when you let it idle and it loads up, this tells me that you have fuel puddling in the crankcase.Worn rings may cause this.As you accelerate it the saw rpm helps get the gas moving so to speek.I may be wrong here but this is just my opinion, Ken

Your delaer is wrong...

Try richening up your L screw a tad.. You might need to turn up you idle to compensate.

Also, your metering diaphram could be stiff, or your metering arm set too low.

Back