• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Stihl 028 parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK went back and took off the cylinder to check accurate measure. The cylinder is 46mm which makes it a super with 3.14 cubic inch displacement. The piston is scuffed but the cylinder just shows streaks and not transfer or anything that can be felt with the finger nail so it is definitely usable.
BTW interesting factory piston with pop-up. Dukes has a piston for under $20.

OK when I listed this I had to many projects to ever think I would get to this but now I have time. I removed the piston and rings, polished up the piston and reversed the rings (top-bottom). I put the other parts on except for the oiler parts and gave it a squirt of fuel and it fired right off. It has a lot of compression (head gasket delete).
I know I can hear some of you howling from here in Nevada. "That's no way to rebuild a saw". Well it's my saw and I like how it is turning out. I am glad no one bought it as I now have another running saw.

Can someone tell me why people on here ask for project saws but don't buy this $50 one. I think some people will ask for a project saw and expect to find an 090, 084, 066, 046, 200t, 372, 2100 as a project. Most of the people on this site are more "woke" than that.
These older saws are easy to work on and a great learning tool for the basics.

Can someone tell me why people on here ask for project saws but don't buy this $50 one. I think some people will ask for a project saw and expect to find an 090, 084, 066, 046, 200t, 372, 2100 as a project. Most of the people on this site are more "woke" than that.
Because we are the last of the generations that fixes stuff.

OK when I listed this I had to many projects to ever think I would get to this but now I have time. I removed the piston and rings, polished up the piston and reversed the rings (top-bottom). I put the other parts on except for the oiler parts and gave it a squirt of fuel and it fired right off. It has a lot of compression (head gasket delete).
I know I can hear some of you howling from here in Nevada. "That's no way to rebuild a saw". Well it's my saw and I like how it is turning out. I am glad no one bought it as I now have another running saw.
I would have checked squish and ponyed up $10 for a set of Caber rings.

I didn't see this listed or might have jumped on it. I already have 028S parts saws for my runner.........dam CAD

I would have bought it in a heart beat if I was not so far to ship it, you have already shipped me one saw and the ride gets pricey all the way up here so I have to be very choosy what I get shipped, must really need it and stuff. There are still a lot of 028`s up and running around me, firewooders love em.

I also wonder why it didn’t sell. I saw the listing and thought about buying it, but I already have 10 project saws lined up and a project car that I need to get to. CAD’s got me. Even though I have all that lined up, I still thought about buying yours. 🤣

Back