• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 028 Super AV muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super029D

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Been looking on the ebay lists for a week or so, just need the muffler to make her complete. Thanks for the assistance.

might have one can you give me any kind of description as I think there were a couple different ones. Have some 28 parts with a toasted top end for a super so guessing the muffler might be the correct one????

sap can

might have one can you give me any kind of description as I think there were a couple different ones. Have some 28 parts with a toasted top end for a super so guessing the muffler might be the correct one????

sap can
Thanks burnses! the cylinder has the following: $ 6059/3A, the crank case has 9-1118-021-0703. the cover has stihl 028 super av electronic quickstop.

sap can[/quote]

the only muffler I have has two mounting holes at the port and two screws on the bottom that go through the outer cover and into the case..I think. But I do have early mag 028 so will compare it to that and if different might just be the one you need....does has a spark arrestor \\

sap can

the only muffler I have has two mounting holes at the port and two screws on the bottom that go through the outer cover and into the case..I think. But I do have early mag 028 so will compare it to that and if different might just be the one you need....does has a spark arrestor \\
The saw came as pictured below, without a muffler, it does have two holes on the port and two on the bottom going through the outer cover. ot sure if the muffler had a spark arrestor, but the shots ive seen of other saws indicate it probably does. I'm heading out of town until Sunday afternoon but wondering if you could upload a picture of the muffler?

Attachments

• stihl 028 av super.JPG
    stihl 028 av super.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 21
I see that you have a 28wb....try that muffler and if it fits what I have will work. My muffler has a boss for a allen bolt to go in through a boss above the oil fill cap....ck it out Ithink the super just uses the two lower screws from the front...I can just send this to ya if it can work send me 20.00 bucks if not send it back...

jim

Jim. Sorry for the slow response. I've been out of town and coverage hasn't been great. I'm pm'ing you my address. Thank you for the opportunity to get her running once more.

Latest posts

Back