Stihl 028 WB make-over to without "breaker points" using an ignition chip ..... is there anyone who has done it already?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFranken

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
803 / 5000

Vertaalresultaten​

Hello, is there someone among you who has already done a conversion with this machine or 028 WB or similar by removing the contacts & capacitor or simply disconnecting and installing a chip. I have already done some research work, but I can't figure it out completely. On one site a chip has been added "" and on the other it seems like it's only a matter of replacing the ignition coil (https://www.dennisdeal.com / products / module-with-ignition-coil-per-stihl-024-026-028-029-ms240-ms260-ms290-0000-400-1300_1376639? variant = 31) but over there no one speaks of ' a chip' ????? Another issue : at the first site is mentioned that a flywheel with two magnets is needed whereas the original flywheel has only one magnet (...Note: Will only work with flywheel with two magnets.). Who helps me to see the forest through the proverbial "trees"? All help in this regard will be grateful appreciated. Thank you so much.

I replaced the points on my 028WB with an ignition coil. It was about 10 years ago and I honestly don't remember any "chip." It wasn't difficult and that 40 year old saw starts and runs better now than when it was new. You might want to see about moving this post or re-posting this question in the chain saw forum. Those folks know a lot more than I do.

I put a coil from an 029 on about 20 yrs ago from a suggestion on this site. Works great , recently put on a new carb and it runs like new.

Latest posts

Back