• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 028 Wood Boss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Needs a clutch cover and a fuel line. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the cover, I might have one somewhere. I'll include a bar and chain for asking price if wanted.

$150 shipped in USA.

20141227_184250.jpg 20141227_184256.jpg 20141227_184302.jpg

I have a fuel line on order for it and I'll put that in. Saw runs nicely. I can order in a clutch cover and include at my cost (usually about 30% off list)

Seems like a good little saw. If it doesn't sell I may end up keeping it as a limbing saw. I already have an 026 I fixed up and a 360 for limbing but what's another saw right?

I'm not sure the retail cost on them new so if my price is off I can wheel and deal. Shipping will be $35ish so really the saw is ~$115

I just wanted to mention in case it wasn't noticed (I didn't even notice) the rear handle, where it's a "chain guard" is broken off. The handle is still good and it looks like it will hold up fine, but I wanted to make sure it was noted.

It may have to be tuned. Since I don't have a clutch cover I can't put a bar and chain on it and tune it. But it does idle and run, just waiting on a fuel line to come in, the stock one is cracked in a few spots from age.

Back