Stihl 031 air filtration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pops21

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the filter on a stihl 031 get caked with saw dust and chips pretty darn quick? I swear after a good hour of cutting I open the housing of the filter to check it out, and wood chips and a little saw dust has collected at the bottom of the housing. The filter its self is COVERED in saw dust and wood chips. YES I do keep a very sharp chain. I sharpen it after every tank of gas ( I am anal about a sharp chain). Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution to keep it from getting so dirty? To be honest, after about the second tank I should clean the filter but I don't. I just use it for the day, how ever long that might be then clean it when I'm finshed.

Yep... it coats up pretty quick, and even more so if the plastic guard is missing from the rear of the chain cover... check that it's in place.

Yep... it coats up pretty quick, and even more so if the plastic guard is missing from the rear of the chain cover... check that it's in place.

I'm not sure what plastic guard your talking about.:confused: Wait a min are you talking about the cover that goes over the air filter its self? I was thinking of taking some foam and glueing it over the openings on the cover over it.

#19 - 1113 656 1501

attachment.php

Thank u sir. I will have to give my local stihl dealer a call tommarow. I do NOT have that installed. I alwayse woundered what went in that hole. I should make a HUGE difference.

Back