Stihl 031AV "Workshop manual"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stallters

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been lurkin around for a while for help to get my 031AV running. St Ocassionally will start and run for 20 sec and die. Good compression, spark, filters, pickup tube, and fuel. My Pop has one just like it that runs good, and a carb swap did no good. I compared spark, compression, to his saw and can't find the problem. I replaced the impulse tube and tried the grease test to check for crankcase pressure, but I would like to get the Workshop manual for a vacum test proceedure, or at least a vacum level and holding time. I have seen a PDF for this manual referenced in a post here, but no link. Anybody got one?
Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for the manual. I had to have Pop download it for me, since my dialup connection is so slow, but it will surely come in handy. I will go to his place and pick it up today.

I'm not sure about swapping coils?
The spark appears to be the same if I pull the plug and give the rope a good pull.

Do I need a "clutch tool"?

If I need to change the crankcase seals, what special tools might I need? I already have a good set of shop tools available.

Thanks again

Thanks for the manual. I had to have Pop download it for me, since my dialup connection is so slow, but it will surely come in handy. I will go to his place and pick it up today.

I'm not sure about swapping coils?
The spark appears to be the same if I pull the plug and give the rope a good pull.

Do I need a "clutch tool"?

If I need to change the crankcase seals, what special tools might I need? I already have a good set of shop tools available.

Thanks again
Sorry not clear enough, I need one.:)

Latest posts

Back