Stihl 038 - Leaking Gass/Fuel Help Needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zolo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hello everyone,

i just bought this machine from ebay couple of months ago to cut some firewood for my wood Stove. the chainsaw does starts and works fine but it has a gass/fuel leak near air filter/throttle section. please check the attached photos for clarity. there is little pipe on the left corner and when i move chainsaw up and down/ right and left, it leaks fuel. i have checked the parts manual and it looks like it is missing a pipe/line and insert on the other end which will go in the top whole shown in the red square in the picture. can somebody please help me on the below questions

1. i believe it is missing pipe/line, so i have to buy that and an insert for the hole, am i right?
2. what is the purpose of this line what does it do?
3. i also trying to understand the top hole, it looks like it does not go anywhere.........

i am really sorry if i am unable to explain the problem in full details. apology as i am not that technical in these things.

any help will be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20170121_160634.jpg
    20170121_160634.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
  • 20170121_160710.jpg
    20170121_160710.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
  • Pciture1.png
    Pciture1.png
    643.2 KB · Views: 28
sorry guys one last question, i am trying to figure where the second end of the line will go? for example one end will go in the metal pipe/tube which is already attached to the chainsaw body (gold color pipe) but is the other end of the fuel line will go in the hole directly or does i need to buy something else as well

so far i believe i need to buy the below parts

1117 350 5800 Tank vent 1 quantity
1120 358 8105 Vent insert 2 quantity

Am i right?

Back