Stihl 041 AV WORKSHOP MANUAL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sthil 041 Av

Hello to all the members here at this forum my name is Brett and i have a sthil o41 av that needs some help.
so here we go my previous analysis is carb issue but the symptoms are high idle though its set low short amounts of running time before choking out constant needing of chock throttle reconfiguration to keep her running and so i have done all i know how to help her out changed the gas multiple times but feel i need to go through the saw and rebuild it and having said that i need a exploded view on how to take it apart or sbs instructions this saw is my life please help if u can -thanks

Stihl 041 AV Super help

I am also looking for a shop manual and parts manual for a Stihl 041AV Super. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I take the spark plug out, I can pull the start cord easily. But with the spark plug in place, it is almost impossible to pull the cord. I drained all the gas and bar oil out. With the spark plug out, I get what looks like oil coming out of the spark plug hole when I pull the rope. .
:cheers:

The oil pump is leaking into the crankcase. Very common problem with the 040, 041, and 051. Many had the problem when less then a year old. Easy fix with a new o-ring and rubber pump-housing sleeve.

I was a Stihl dealer mechanic back 1960s-1970s-1980s and have many manuals. NOT in PDF however. For the 041, I have: 041 Farm Boss owners manual # 0458 159 0121 M10; 041 Farm Boss owners manual # 0458 159 0121 M20; 041 AV tech-manual # 0455 110 0123 M13 (three copies); and tech manual 041/041AV/041AV Electronic # 0455 110 0123 M4.

Hello to all the members here at this forum my name is Brett and i have a sthil o41 av that needs some help.
so here we go my previous analysis is carb issue but the symptoms are high idle though its set low short amounts of running time before choking out constant needing of chock throttle reconfiguration to keep her running and so i have done all i know how to help her out changed the gas multiple times but feel i need to go through the saw and rebuild it and having said that i need a exploded view on how to take it apart or sbs instructions this saw is my life please help if u can -thanks

Have you checked the intake manifold gaskets and the fuel-pump impulse hose? Two major failure areas on all 041s.

041 IPL and workshop manuals

Hello,I too would be very grateful if someone has a workshop manual to share for the stihl 041. I have one for the 030-031 and 032 if someone needs it. Thanks

Stihl Chainsaw 041 Service Repair Manual

Hello I'm looking Stihl Chainsaw 041 Service Repair Manual.
Does anyone have the instructions
Thank you for your help

Hi All

Need help with STIHL 041AV CHAINSAW. Has anyone got A Manual in pdf

Thanks in advance

emmbez

Hi, Im new this site. I too need a workshop and parts list to have a go at reparing my Stihl 041 av

Can anyone provide me with one ?
Many thanks.

need Stihl 041 repair manual

I too am looking for a repair manual for a Stihl 041 saw. I bought this saw at an auction sale. If I take the spark plug out, I can pull the start cord easily. But with the spark plug in place, it is almost impossible to pull the cord. I drained all the gas and bar oil out. With the spark plug out, I get what looks like oil coming out of the spark plug hole when I pull the rope. I have been searching Google for any help I can find. If anyone has any repair details on this saw in PDF format, please email them to me.

Thank you.
:cheers:
as far as im aware the oil lube pipe? runs through the crank case I think there a link on yuotube how to repair this failure. another common problem with this saw is the amount of gasgets between the carb and the cylinder, the engine shrud gaskets are prone to decay, thus letting air in and allowing a lean fuel mix which ends up scoring the piston/barel not to mention the crap it can suck in whats sitting around the gaskets, ive done 3 in the last 2 months. bellow is one I fitted new carb kit. fuel line, inpulse line and gasgets too, sounds lovely ;o) enjoy your saw they are a classic.

Stihl Chainsaw 041 Service Repair Manual

Hello I'm looking Stihl Chainsaw 041 Service Repair Manual.
Does anyone have the instructions
Thank you for your help

Hi,
Got reply below from Ray Benson, Links work fine. .Great set of helpful guys.

Service manual is 70+ meg. Was given this link from atpchas. You can download the files you need.
Regards
Ray

https://www.mediafire.com/?r4ids1ci1w9c8

Latest posts

Back