Stihl 041 chainbrake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying zebra

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Could someone here post a good photo - or better yet a scan of the large brake lever from a Stihl 041 please?

I need one, and I'll likely need to make it myself.

The part shown highlighted in this parts manual page.
I need a good side view.

Screenshot_2015-12-03-21-33-07-1.jpg

Got an 041 with the brake on my floor working on it, but not easy to get much of a photo. Easiest would be to find one used. Call or email D&D saws. I've personally dug through a truckload of 041's at their place and figure they have one. They will pull and ship for a fee if they do. DandDsaws.com

I'm going to try to swing by there Monday and pick up some parts. If you pm me, I will look while there, and can send it to you. If you are bent on making one, I will see about taking a decent photo, but don't plan on pulling mine down till after the new year.

I'll try them - I've been looking for weeks for the part on the web, eBay chainsawr, other places etc.

If I don't get an answer from them I'll ask if you can scrounge there for me.

The only reason for my interest in making one, and why I ask here for an image - is that I haven't been able to find one.

Abram - just got off the phone with D and D - they're gonna scrounge for me today or tomorrow.
Said they were sure they'd have the part for me, and would be happy to mail it out to my hill.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back