Stihl 041 Super Rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice work on the resto,my stepdad told me he had an 041 ,told him sure its not a 441 as ive never seen that model ,may have to stop by and ask him take a look at it ,im doing a 10mm 044 one of his old logging saws about like you doing this one ,just found some oem 10mm cases ,saw will look pretty new when done ,found early oem plastics and tank also ,will probly be a shelf dust colector when done ,kinda fun restoring these old saws ,were you able to find a powdercoat in the stihl grey or go with a reg white ? i may have to recoat recoil cover as i cant find a new early one so far

Any way somebody could explain what I would need to get spark to a 041 Super. Had points, and tried to convert it to electronic with a newer style flywheel. But still no spark or firing at the wrong time. Feel free to PM me so not to clutter up the nice rebuild thread!

That will be a beautiful saw! Very nice! Love the powder coating.

+1 for me on the finish. Jee whiz, it's so nice and clean it looks like a wall hanger or a collector pc. Looking
forward to seeing the video of it running! :clap:

Well it's running. Jon couldn't stand waiting on a carb kit so he pulled a carb off a XL-12 and robbed the diaphragm. It's running very well. I'm still in the shop on the laptop but will post more pics of the build and finished product when I get back to the desktop.

I'm trying to finish a 261/262XP I'm building for Jon1212. It's the one that he bought from atvguns to help Stumpy out.

It should be a strong running saw. :)

nice work on the resto,my stepdad told me he had an 041 ,told him sure its not a 441 as ive never seen that model ,may have to stop by and ask him take a look at it ,im doing a 10mm 044 one of his old logging saws about like you doing this one ,just found some oem 10mm cases ,saw will look pretty new when done ,found early oem plastics and tank also ,will probly be a shelf dust colector when done ,kinda fun restoring these old saws ,were you able to find a powdercoat in the stihl grey or go with a reg white ? i may have to recoat recoil cover as i cant find a new early one so far

My Brother powders we found a color that is pretty darn close its grey white and he has a orange that well do the other when i get saw back

get hold of me later when your ready to get it done

Any way somebody could explain what I would need to get spark to a 041 Super. Had points, and tried to convert it to electronic with a newer style flywheel. But still no spark or firing at the wrong time. Feel free to PM me so not to clutter up the nice rebuild thread!

The points are easy to get spark because the componets are easier to work with

electronic units are a little differents either they work or dont

always check the wire out of the back of the electronic unit going to the on-off switch (pic)

make sure the key is in good order

points check the wire going to switch for being pinched under the stator plate

also on both the primary lead going to spark plug in good condition

timing is another issue after you get spark View attachment 217249

Well it's running. Jon couldn't stand waiting on a carb kit so he pulled a carb off a XL-12 and robbed the diaphragm. It's running very well. I'm still in the shop on the laptop but will post more pics of the build and finished product when I get back to the desktop.

I'm trying to finish a 261/262XP I'm building for Jon1212. It's the one that he bought from atvguns to help Stumpy out.

It should be a strong running saw. :)

Hope you found some good wood to try it in Randy

Cool it is iddicting isnt it !

i'm like a little kid in a candy store cant wait to get it back when randy done doing his thing to it

to bad we are not all together so we can see every one fondle this thing like guys in a gun store

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:hmm3grin2orange:It looks great Randy :hmm3grin2orange:

It will lookeven better when i get the rest done !

Thats a mighty clean saw to bad you got too get it dirty when you use it

Cant wait to see a video of it throw chips and makin noise !

Yes the clutch cover gas tank and the orange parts

i may have to get a new handle !

Randy Just like the other guy says when you did a saw for him dont forget my sticker

can you put it in loose I'll stick it on when i get the other parts done

No video yet. I owe out several videos right now. :laugh:

Hopefully Jon and I can fell a nice white pine tomorrow for some fresh cants and rounds. I need to do some timed cuts on two 372xp's that I'm comparing transfer styles on.

Mastermind sticker in the box with the saw.......check.

Very Very nice!!! I would rep ya' but it tells me I have to wait...Boo! I look forward to the video.

Mike has a very nice saw here that's for sure. I wouldn't mind having more clean saws to build like this one. :msp_wink:

BTW I'll be building a Husqvarna 562 here in a few days.......

Right outta the box onto the bench. :rock:

Finally.....a video.

It still needs the metering diaphragm replaced, but it's running pretty damn good. :)

[video=youtube;7A_yKieXiao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A_yKieXiao[/video]

Back