Stihl 041 Super Rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow randy thats Awesome sounds great

Nice Job Thanks

A Job Well Done :clap::clap::clap:

Well the sound is out on my computer so I'll have to hope it sounds good on here. :laugh:

When you turn it on either side it speeds up a little......when you turn it back upright it stumbles and idles way down. Classic symptom of a stiff metering diaphragm or the setting on it too high. Well.....it ain't too high. :)

Well it should be good when the new kit is installed in carb !

thats why your doing it and not me !

I would have never known that

Well it should be good when the new kit is installed in carb !

thats why your doing it and not me !

I would have never known that

When the carb is mounted downdraft that's the way it will act. On one that is pulling into the side of the jug you can tilt the saw bar down and it will stumble if the diaphragm is stiff or too high.

No video yet. I owe out several videos right now. :laugh:

Hopefully Jon and I can fell a nice white pine tomorrow for some fresh cants and rounds. I need to do some timed cuts on two 372xp's that I'm comparing transfer styles on.

Mastermind sticker in the box with the saw.......check.

Does said sticker have any resemblance to your avatar? :msp_biggrin:

Well the sound is out on my computer so I'll have to hope it sounds good on here. :laugh:

When you turn it on either side it speeds up a little......when you turn it back upright it stumbles and idles way down. Classic symptom of a stiff metering diaphragm or the setting on it too high. Well.....it ain't too high. :)

Sound is excellent in the video! Nice work!

Does said sticker have any resemblance to your avatar? :msp_biggrin:

Sound is excellent in the video! Nice work!

Nope....not much. :laugh:

attachment.php

Sounds like my 041, good that is, at least till I read what your saying about this one. I know I have the wrong carb kit in mine and took me a little while to get it set, so maybe its a little high also but it runs good and sounds like yours does. I'm still learning to tune saws and every post helps me understand more and more. Very nice job!:msp_thumbsup:

Thought I would show off one I just did also
attachment.php

View attachment 217772

Sounds like my 041, good that is, at least till I read what your saying about this one. I know I have the wrong carb kit in mine and took me a little while to get it set, so maybe its a little high also but it runs good and sounds like yours does. I'm still learning to tune saws and every post helps me understand more and more. Very nice job!:msp_thumbsup:

Thought I would show off one I just did also
attachment.php

View attachment 217772

Very nice saw. :rock:

Very nice saw MM. The only Stihl I own is 041, and it looks not much like yours:msp_biggrin: Great job!

Question for you. I have a 041 that needs the rubber end on the handle. It has soaked in oil too long and the rubber is shot. Is there a place to still buy these or do I need to make something to work? It looks like it is the shock absorber end of the handle your left hand would grab on to.

Trying to not be vague here, but I don't know the correct terminology. Also trying to figure out why my saw wont spark....

Thanks

Question for you. I have a 041 that needs the rubber end on the handle. It has soaked in oil too long and the rubber is shot. Is there a place to still buy these or do I need to make something to work? It looks like it is the shock absorber end of the handle your left hand would grab on to.

Trying to not be vague here, but I don't know the correct terminology. Also trying to figure out why my saw wont spark....

Thanks

Take a step or two back and find the "beg for manuals" thread and ask for a service manual and "IPL" which stands for Illustrated Parts List

Finally.....a video.

It still needs the metering diaphragm replaced, but it's running pretty damn good. :)

[video=youtube;7A_yKieXiao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A_yKieXiao[/video]

Takes you back a few years dont it?............... Thanks for sharing this with us.... Two thumbs up! :msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup:

Beautiful Super!

New guy here, been lurking a while. Getting ready to build a 041AV Super, I already have one great running 041AV and decided I wanted another. Scrounged up 4 parts saws to make one good one out of, in the process of going through them I found a Super! Wasn't sold as such(label worn off) I was pleasantly surprised though! P&C look great, just cleaning up parts right now to decide what I need and which pieces look the nicest. Probably won't look as nice as this one, but I'm pretty excited. Anyway, glad to be here. Sorry for the hijack

Steven

Good grief Randy. Can ya slow down a little? I cant keep up with all the build threads. My puter is smoking again. Nice one brother!!:rock:

Beautiful Super!

New guy here, been lurking a while. Getting ready to build a 041AV Super, I already have one great running 041AV and decided I wanted another. Scrounged up 4 parts saws to make one good one out of, in the process of going through them I found a Super! Wasn't sold as such(label worn off) I was pleasantly surprised though! P&C look great, just cleaning up parts right now to decide what I need and which pieces look the nicest. Probably won't look as nice as this one, but I'm pretty excited. Anyway, glad to be here. Sorry for the hijack

Steven

Hijack away and welcome to the site. :rock:

I have a couple of 041FBs in the shop right now. I would like to have a Super like this one of Mike's though. It is a very sweet saw for sure.

Good grief Randy. Can ya slow down a little? I cant keep up with all the build threads. My puter is smoking again. Nice one brother!!:rock:

I'm fixin to post a thread on the 394 you sent me a clutch cover for Les. :msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back