Stihl 041

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why sell it? Great saw the way it is. :D

Check eBay, look at the average price, and if selling in classifieds in the paper or something, tack $50 onto the eBay average price (for being a one owner saw). That's my opinion.

Depends on if it is a Farm Boss, an old rigid frame, an AV, or an 041 Super. Like was said earlier.... check ebay for the current going prices. That's what I have done before.

I sold an 041 Farm Boss rigid frame in great shape, for 150 bucks on ebay. Wish I still had it...:cry:

Gary

GASoline71 said:
Depends on if it is a Farm Boss, an old rigid frame, an AV, or an 041 Super. Like was said earlier.... check ebay for the current going prices. That's what I have done before.

I sold an 041 Farm Boss rigid frame in great shape, for 150 bucks on ebay. Wish I still had it...:cry:

Gary

Great saw. A friend has one. Was new in like '75 or '76. POWER! Makes my hands numb when I cut without gloves with it (farmboss).

Yessiree! They should have called it a R-R-R-ig-g-g-id-id frame. :hmm3grin2orange:

Here is a pic of it in action! I miss that old saw...:bang:

Gary

Last edited:
farmboss 041

I just paid $100. for mine. Bought the proper plug and gapped it correctly. Made a big difference in power. Bought an air filter. Muffler fell off today, lost one bolt. Didn't have a gasket in place? Don't want to cut horizontal, engine floods, gas drips. Heavy and makes my hands numb from vibration. But it seems to be a good saw. I just need to work the bugs out. It was owned by the "best mechanic in America." :)
John

GASoline71 said:
Yessiree! They should have called it a R-R-R-ig-g-g-id-id frame. :hmm3grin2orange:

Here is a pic of it in action! I miss that old saw...:bang:

Gary

Get that thumb around the top handle!!!!

Back