Stihl 041av electronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desporado45

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Stihl 041av electronic ignition module that went bad. Since there are not OEM replacement on the market and finding a used one is almost Imposible, I was wondering if anyone has converted a electronic ignition to a points ignition?

I have a Stihl 041av electronic ignition module that went bad. Since there are not OEM replacement on the market and finding a used one is almost Imposible, I was wondering if anyone has converted a electronic ignition to a points ignition?
You will need a flywheel and complete points ignition assembly. Did a few in the 80s. Just set the timing with a dial indicator as the marks may not be on the case. Seems like there are repair videos on the internet as to the repair of the electronic unit also.

Has anyone replaced a Stihl 041 AV Bosch Electronic ignition with a Sagenspezi Electronic ignition from/made in Germany?

I just did this last week. I have a 041 Super that I was given disassembled in a milk crate. There were parts in there from at least two 041s and a Duorf carcass with a scored piston and a decent cylinder. Therexwasxz points ignition in the milk crate so I used it.

When I putvthe flywheel on the crankshaft it interfered with a circular raised boss on the case. You can read more here: https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/stihl-041av-flywheel-trouble.345593/#post-7893284. I ended up using my stationary belt sander yo bring the end of the flywheel down. It fit without interference and the saw runs great.

If I can find a solid state ignition I will use it. Until then the points ignition will work.

Latest posts

Back