Stihl 041AV Farm Boss got da SHAKES

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pagowl

Reaction score
Hi!
I recently purchased a Stihl 041AV Farm Boss. This saw runs great but shakes itself apart often. Besides locktite, what can I do to damp or balance it?
Thanks!
Peter

pagowl said:
Hi!
I recently purchased a Stihl 041AV Farm Boss. This saw runs great but shakes itself apart often. Besides locktite, what can I do to damp or balance it?
Thanks!
Peter
Push the on/off switch to the "Off" position.

Dan Forsh said:
And rarely say crikey
Do you have a right gob on? ha ha. I had a girlfriend from Wakefield when I was working in Florida, Jesus she was funny. "Have the bin-men come?, "Are we out of loo-rolls?", "You look like Billy "no-mates" etc....

Wakefield, JESUS!! Then you are one of the few that don't expect us all to sound like **** Van Dyke in Mary Poppins. Well you and anyone who watch Frazier

Since mine has been backed into by a Hd7 Allis and straightned out I have found that there is enough tension on the various parts to keep them from loosening up.

The only other thing that will hold every thing together is the loctite red super high strength before you put that stuff on make sure youre not gonna take it apart again because I assure you youre not gonna be able to. Also to take the vibration out of it is what simonizer said to turn the on/off switch to off because it will always vibrate unless you some how balance the crank out. Both my 041 AVE super and my 041 AVEQ get a little better when you get them revving. Mine only vibrate intensley when theyre idling.

Thanks

Thank You All!
Sarcastic or not (and I confess to a bit of irritation until I read the whole thread) Simon's advice made the most sense of all: shut it off when it ain't cut'n.

Fourtunately I also carry my newer little 029 along so I don't have to come home part empty when i lose screws off the FB.

Appreciate the help friends,
Peter

Latest posts

Back