• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 044 crankshaft

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you be willing to buy it with the case bearings are bad

Attachments

• 1453844963147.jpg
    1453844963147.jpg
    783 KB · Views: 16
  • 1453844986745.jpg
    1453844986745.jpg
    547 KB · Views: 17
  • 1453845013444.jpg
    1453845013444.jpg
    650.8 KB · Views: 15
I have a local guy called and says he thinks he has one. Let me check with him tomm afternoon and get back to you. Will that be ok?

My local guy says he has several in his sea container. I am supposed to go look this weekend. I will let you know if I find one there. Thanks!!

I need a good 10 mm crankshaft and rod assembly for an 044

can you tell us what happened to your 044 crankshaft? well, assuming u r not assembling saw from parts. many 044 guys here, no doubt would find it to be of interest. good you were able to find some 10 mm cranks. hope you find a serviceable one. most out there used or new... are 12 mm. I just acquired a new 12mm crank, etc. to put in my 044... down the road as my project saw continues.

B. L.

044 crank, 12 mm rod and parts

044crank.png

When I got the saw it would not run. Previous owner had not ran it either. He aquired it and decided he had too many projects. When I tore into it found bottom rod bearing was shot.

When I got the saw it would not run. Previous owner had not ran it either. He aquired it and decided he had too many projects. When I tore into it found bottom rod bearing was shot.

can you describe the bearing's condition? missing balls? cage broken, or just rough? wonder why you want a used crank vs new bearing install on your crank?... and if u put in a new crank, since the $ are similar per here... 10mm usedm 12 mm new. with a 12mm u could do a BB down the road is it ever suited you...

Ok havent pulled crank yet. The bearing has about 1/4" of up and down play. It has enough that the piston had bumped the top of the cylinder. The reason I am looking at a used crank is the $$. Would rather have a used oem than new aftermatket b/c I don't know the quality of the aftermarkets. This saw will not see a lot of use. I just like fixing them.

Ok havent pulled crank yet. The bearing has about 1/4" of up and down play. It has enough that the piston had bumped the top of the cylinder. The reason I am looking at a used crank is the $$. Would rather have a used oem than new aftermatket b/c I don't know the quality of the aftermarkets. This saw will not see a lot of use. I just like fixing them.

WOW! imo, very interesting... especially considering most bearings just don't go 1/4" all at once. 1/64th... 1/32nd... etc... hard to believe a saw would run with that much bearing sloop, if not just for the seals alone! I chose an AM 12mm for my crank upgrade. I went with it as the company was a saw company doing repairs, sales in logging area... and offered a 90-day warranty and... one of the few companies on ebay aat 100%!! I bot it off their shopping site. i'll prob chuck it up in my lathe and run a dial on it just for grins... :)

thanks for the info and time to post it here...

Wh

What size crank on this 10mm or 12? I'm interested

both should be the same, other than the small end of the con rod. well, that I what I researched and believe... ie, an early 10 mm 044 will take a later design OE or AM 12 mm direct replacement. at least that is what I am betting... given my BB kit uses a 12mm piston pin....

The early 10mm wrist pin cases are smaller in the mixing area and will be too tight to fit a 12mm wrist pin crank without a little work. I had to grind and sand down the crank throws and bottom of the connecting rod the first time I squeezed a 12mm wrist pin crank into a 10mm wrist pin case.

Latest posts

Back