• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For sale is this 044 that I just went through entirely. Included is a 20" bar with that I just dressed the rails on, and a new Stihl RS chain. While not a beauty queen, this saw is in excellent condition. I just tore it all the way down, even splitting the crankcase. Everything was thoroughly cleaned. I put it back together with OEM gaskets and seals. It has the desirable D-shaped combustion chamber. Both the P&C are in excellent condition with no scoring at all. There are two minor cosmetic flaws on the saw. The very front edge of the cylinder shroud is chipped. There's also a small chip on the bottom edge of the air filter cover. Neither one are noticeable and do not affect function. The only other thing is the model plate is missing on the top. My dealer is closed until Jan 2 or I would have already ordered a replacement. The saw is all stock except that I opened up the factory exhaust opening on the muffler and the carb limiting tabs have been trimmed. The price is $475 shipped. The first money in my PayPal account takes it.

IMG_1694-M.jpg

IMG_1695-M.jpg

IMG_1696-M.jpg

IMG_1697-M.jpg

IMG_1698-M.jpg

IMG_1699-L.jpg

IMG_1700-M.jpg

IMG_1701-M.jpg

IMG_1702-M.jpg

IMG_1707-M.jpg

IMG_1692-M.jpg

IMG_1693-M.jpg

Well that didn't last long! The ole 44, one of my favorites. I'd grabbed it up too if I didn't have too many saws right now....
I like me a 44 too.

I'll bet the 044/440 is the number 1 selling professional modern chainsaw ever. Somewhere I have some literature from Stihl stating that they had sold 7 million units of the 044 worldwide by spring of 1993.

However, I think the Homelite Super XL/XL-12 is the number one selling saw of all time. It had a production run spanning from around the late 50's to the mid 80's. The Poulan SD-25/25A/XXV is probably real close too.

Well that didn't last long! The ole 44, one of my favorites. I'd grabbed it up too if I didn't have too many saws right now....

Too many saws... too many saws... that is simply beyond my comprehension. The law of CAD states that there are never too many saws. Its like saying you have too much money. Or you have too much sex. Or you have too much wood in the stacks.

Too many saws... too many saws... that is simply beyond my comprehension. The law of CAD states that there are never too many saws. Its like saying you have too much money. Or you have too much sex. Or you have too much wood in the stacks.

I have too much of all of that!

jus kiddin :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:. ....but I do have plenty of firewood stacked:givebeer:.

That's a great deal! I kinda regret selling mine. It was a very snappy saw! Bout the same power as my 460, but a little lighter :)

Congrats to the buyer, you got a gem right there.

Back