Stihl 064 rear handle/tank question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrcommercial

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, have an 064 av someone robbed the throttle, master control lever, hand grip/cover, operation control/switch, and all the springs/levers off of etc. I don’t know...the saw has good comp and spark. Now, my question is...will any of the 066 reads on eBay work? Exact plug and play? Gonna need the entire air filter set up too as all that’s gone (mount/base, filter itself, rubber seal, cover all that stuff). If anybody knows....of course, thanks very very much.

JS

The 064 and earlier 066 are different than the later 066/MS660 multi switches.
I went through the same problem a couple years back.
An MS660 tank will work, but I highly discourage using the cheapo aftermarket ones. They are complete crap; in that the throttle lock mechanisms simply do not work.
I may have the multi switch in my 064, and some other things you need for cheap in my parts bin, -and I'll check about a used tank tomorrow, for @Baddboyy21

The 064 and earlier 066 are different than the later 066/MS660 multi switches.
I went through the same problem a couple years back.
An MS660 tank will work, but I highly discourage using the cheapo aftermarket ones. They are complete crap; in that the throttle lock mechanisms simply do not work.
I may have the multi switch in my 064, and some other things you need for cheap in my parts bin, -and I'll check about a used tank tomorrow, for @Baddboyy21
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back