• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 064 tank assembly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this thread is getting old, but...
I will believe it when I see it. Talking with my local dealer you can order a stihl 064/early 066 OEM tank. The dealer said it comes straight from Stihl out of Germany. I ordered one a month ago and waiting for it to show. I wont know on the price until it arrives. Like I said, I will believe it when I see it.

To the OP....Rupedoggy is a great person to deal with for parts!

I know this thread is getting old, but...
I will believe it when I see it. Talking with my local dealer you can order a stihl 064/early 066 OEM tank. The dealer said it comes straight from Stihl out of Germany. I ordered one a month ago and waiting for it to show. I wont know on the price until it arrives. Like I said, I will believe it when I see it.

To the OP....Rupedoggy is a great person to deal with for parts!

Im curious about the tank you order out of Germany. Let me know what parts number you ended up using and how much it ended up costing.

Im curious about the tank you order out of Germany. Let me know what parts number you ended up using and how much it ended up costing.
I will let you know as soon as it comes in. Talked to my dealer the other day, and there is no update on arrival. I am just glad I didn't have to prepay. I just wish I could order/find a handful of Stihl 046 top cover badges part number 1128 967 1506. I have 3 that I have been working on including an 046 arctic that I would like to put the badges on. I am probably going to have to breakdown and buy them off of ebay..... I have searched all over including the google listed european stihl sites to no avail as the part number is NLA through Stihl.

Is this ALL you had to change ?
I needed a starter recoil (the original will work with the 660 tank) so, I got a 660 recoil. It fits but the pawl assembly needs to be shimmed in further to adequately engage the flywheel. I did some and managed to get the saw running. However, the axle (bolt) is not adequately engaged deep enough in the housing threads. I'm working on a solution for that right now.

Latest posts

Back