• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 064AV Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rkymtn57

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Im looking for a Fuel tank / throttle handle assembly AND both sides of the crankcase engine housing assembly.
If anyone knows of a subsiitute saw that these parts will interchange please comment . 066 ???
Thank you !

Is there a reason that Stihl 064 AV parts are so hard to find ?
That saw was discontinued roughly 30 years ago. The early 066 shared some parts, but there was a design change on the 066 with the fuel tank handle, air filter cover and other parts. I am sure there is more, and someone with more knowledge may chime in.

That saw was discontinued roughly 30 years ago. The early 066 shared some parts, but there was a design change on the 066 with the fuel tank handle, air filter cover and other parts. I am sure there is more, and someone with more knowledge may chime in.
Thank you , this saw is like brand new but suffered severe body damage , just need to find a tank/ handle assembly and its running.

Thank you , this saw is like brand new but suffered severe body damage , just need to find a tank/ handle assembly and its running.
Good Luck. The parts are out there, just sometimes hard to find. I am currently rebuilding an 046 arctic. I am waiting on the fuel tank handle heating element from England along with a few other odds and ends. My new to me....used 461 crankshaft came in today, so I will build the short block this weekend.
In the other 064 parts post on here. My local dealer was able to place an order for the 064 tank/handle for a customer. Apparently it is supposed to come directly from Stihl in Germany. I figured it would be "NLA" no longer available, so I had them order me one as well. I will get back once it comes in, it has been in the neighborhood of 6 weeks at this point, so we will wait and see. If it shows up I can tell you the part number and a price.

Good Luck. The parts are out there, just sometimes hard to find. I am currently rebuilding an 046 arctic. I am waiting on the fuel tank handle heating element from England along with a few other odds and ends. My new to me....used 461 crankshaft came in today, so I will build the short block this weekend.
In the other 064 parts post on here. My local dealer was able to place an order for the 064 tank/handle for a customer. Apparently it is supposed to come directly from Stihl in Germany. I figured it would be "NLA" no longer available, so I had them order me one as well. I will get back once it comes in, it has been in the neighborhood of 6 weeks at this point, so we will wait and see. If it shows up I can tell you the part number and a price.
Thank you.

I got tank and handle for 064. I can post photos in about 1 hr. I have 2 064, I posted a photo of one years ago I’ll try to find if not I’ll take new pic when I get home

Hey , I found a supplier in Germany SAGENSPEZI lots of 064 parts , fuel Tank/ Handle 17357AR1680X , just trying to find out if there legit.
138 euro which i think is about 150$ but other parts come with this item top Cover and Air filter Cover.

Why would you sell it , it's a complete saw ?
That picture was from Beforq Cylinder went bad. I was going to use it for parts for my other 064. I’ll take some n EW photos in a bit, still on the road. Yes it is a complete 064 other than bad cylinder

That picture was from Beforq Cylinder went bad. I was going to use it for parts for my other 064. I’ll take some n EW photos in a bit, still on the road. Yes it is a complete 064 other than bad cylinder
I see , Ok thank you .

Attachments

• F4B0E33C-65DE-4A23-8C96-62A63241DF92.jpeg
    F4B0E33C-65DE-4A23-8C96-62A63241DF92.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
  • 20D4F83E-F3FF-4E6D-877F-E1A51F93198E.jpeg
    20D4F83E-F3FF-4E6D-877F-E1A51F93198E.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • EF415F60-5609-4809-8BEC-564769060E1E.jpeg
    EF415F60-5609-4809-8BEC-564769060E1E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • D07DC92E-8242-4F4B-81B5-A12545484663.jpeg
    D07DC92E-8242-4F4B-81B5-A12545484663.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
Is there a reason that Stihl 064 AV parts are so hard to find ?
they were only made for a couple of years, the 066 superseded them in a hurry, and in truth an 046 is a better saw too.
Couple that with about 3 different versions all wearing the same 064av badge, it makes finding parts interesting.

If you plan on modding one they respond very well to it, so a lot of guys like the hot rod version, its like a more nimble 066, but you sacrifice some reliability doing so (depending on your dremel skills and how brave you are at modding) Last I checked and its been a couple of years, you can still get factory pistons and cylinders, carburetors, bearings and seals, but pretty much everything else is aftermarket or used. And a lot of the parts are just different enough to not work on the different versions, coil flywheel and exhaust being prime examples

I would seriously avoid the chinesium 064 pistons, they are poorly modified from some other saw, and often the clearances for the crank are wrong. unless you think a built in knock is a cool thing...

I'll dig around in my pile, I might have a parts saw with good tank and cases, though it may of gone away with the 064 I resurrected a couple years ago.

they were only made for a couple of years, the 066 superseded them in a hurry, and in truth an 046 is a better saw too.
Couple that with about 3 different versions all wearing the same 064av badge, it makes finding parts interesting.

If you plan on modding one they respond very well to it, so a lot of guys like the hot rod version, its like a more nimble 066, but you sacrifice some reliability doing so (depending on your dremel skills and how brave you are at modding) Last I checked and its been a couple of years, you can still get factory pistons and cylinders, carburetors, bearings and seals, but pretty much everything else is aftermarket or used. And a lot of the parts are just different enough to not work on the different versions, coil flywheel and exhaust being prime examples

I would seriously avoid the chinesium 064 pistons, they are poorly modified from some other saw, and often the clearances for the crank are wrong. unless you think a built in knock is a cool thing...

I'll dig around in my pile, I might have a parts saw with good tank and cases, though it may of gone away with the 064 I resurrected a couple years ago.
Thanks

Back