STIHL 070 OR J-RED 2095 TURBO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sled_22

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm going to look at some saws in a couple hours. I know how to judge the saw in person but I can't find a lot of actual values for these saws. I'm going to assume they're in rough shape but what should I expect to sell an 070 running for along with a J-red 2095. I would assume i can get both running. (trying to decide what i should pay for non-running approx.)
Thanks,

2095 semi clean non running 450.
2095 clean non running 550
2095 clean, running...750+

070...no idea, people go gaga over them but id buy a clone before i paid what people usually want for an old dirty saw because its not a saw i see as useful...more of a novelty.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

So you found a couple of beat up old big saws, want to get them running and flick them off for large profit?

Price will be dictated by several things- like location, demand and the hope at least two people will want one or both and start a bidding war.
The 070 will be hard to find genuine parts for, but you can get as many inferior parts as you want from the slow boat that sails from the red flag nation.
The 2095 is in the particus unobtainium pile when it comes to new off the shelf parts- either from Sweden or elsewhere. Might depend how popular they were in your region as to IF secondhand parts can be found..... but there are plenty of people out there looking for 2095 parts!
For what it is worth, the 2094 was a stronger running saw.

So you found a couple of beat up old big saws, want to get them running and flick them off for large profit?

Price will be dictated by several things- like location, demand and the hope at least two people will want one or both and start a bidding war.
The 070 will be hard to find genuine parts for, but you can get as many inferior parts as you want from the slow boat that sails from the red flag nation.
The 2095 is in the particus unobtainium pile when it comes to new off the shelf parts- either from Sweden or elsewhere. Might depend how popular they were in your region as to IF secondhand parts can be found..... but there are plenty of people out there looking for 2095 parts!
For what it is worth, the 2094 was a stronger running saw.

Put them up on eBay over here, watch the bidding war fun. I have owned all of the saws mentioned here, my 2094 was a real torque beast, it went to a new owner that lives on an island in the Pacific, my 2095 went South to a guy that liked to mill, the 070 is residing on the Euro continent. The 070 and 090 saws are mostly used by the guys running chainsaw mills these days and they will shell out good dollars for them, just depends on who is looking.

Put them up on eBay over here, watch the bidding war fun. I have owned all of the saws mentioned here, my 2094 was a real torque beast, it went to a new owner that lives on an island in the Pacific, my 2095 went South to a guy that liked to mill, the 070 is residing on the Euro continent. The 070 and 090 saws are mostly used by the guys running chainsaw mills these days and they will shell out good dollars for them, just depends on who is looking.

Yep, big money for 070- 090 type genuine German saws- not so much for 07's.

I wasn’t necessarily wanting to flip them. I have a 462 and wouldn’t mind a bigger bucking saw when I get into some 24us ash and oak logs I have access too. But I didn’t want to get burned by over paying for a saw that I wouldn’t be able to get my money back out of.
the 2095 is almost complete. It runs pretty decent. But. The chain brake is broken and it needs the air box lid. Otherwise it’s all there in reality good shape. No bar and chain so I’ll have to pick that up as well. Any recommendations as to what bar type fits best?

It’s pretty clean. And runs well. Any insight on where to find an air box cover? I realize there’s a parts shortage but you never know. Looks like the chain brake band is the same as a husky so I can pick that easy. I’m excited to drop it into some wood.

Attachments

• CF405114-8D38-420A-A6F3-D5C2D845A137.jpeg
    CF405114-8D38-420A-A6F3-D5C2D845A137.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 14
It’s pretty clean. And runs well. Any insight on where to find an air box cover? I realize there’s a parts shortage but you never know. Looks like the chain brake band is the same as a husky so I can pick that easy. I’m excited to drop it into some wood.
Air box top cover will have to come from someone willing to part with one from a parts saw- if they are not hoarding those parts to complete their own 2095 jigsaw!
Find the part number and google it, or ask in the parts wanted section on here.
Or, forget the top air box cover and fit some kind of green weenie pod filter poking out the top where the cover used to be.......

506 13 39-01 is the nut that holds the cover in place
506 16 88-01 is the cover (US parts number)
506 15 35-01 is the cover for other regions parts lists.

503 46 60-02 is the brake band. Not sure if this is the exact same as Husqvarna 394/395 ones, but I have both I can compare and see if the 394/395 ones will fit the Jonsered system.

EDIT: whilst not identical, the Husqvarna 394/395 or 288 brake bands will certainly fit a Jonsered 2094, so I presume also the 2095.

Air box top cover will have to come from someone willing to part with one from a parts saw- if they are not hoarding those parts to complete their own 2095 jigsaw!
Find the part number and google it, or ask in the parts wanted section on here.
Or, forget the top air box cover and fit some kind of green weenie pod filter poking out the top where the cover used to be.......
Personally, I'd choose the last option. Green weenie setups are THE official filter setup of the PNW, and are kinda like generic Maxflow's. I doubt they'll ever stop making them (unlike specialized air filters) and they provide good filtration. Here's a few pics some of the saws me or my brother have had with GW filters.
IMG_2159.jpegIMG_4791.jpegIMG_6122.jpegIMG_6286.jpeg

I was thinking. With the “turbo” feature slinging air from the flywheel into the air box cover, do you think that should be blocked off with something? Or just leave it.

STIHL 07 - he said they ran for a bit with fuel down the carb? I didn't check though. They were a little out of my vintage. He's asking $200. I think he has a parts saw as well. I suppose I could do the leg work for someone if they want to front the cash.
Located in western Wisconsin.

Attachments

• STIHL 07-01.jpg
    STIHL 07-01.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 6
  • STIHL 07-02.jpg
    STIHL 07-02.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back