• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 070 with bar $699

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will sell powerhead only for $599 with bar +$50 or 2 sprockets +$50

Trades update:
  • Picked up another 038 Mag so unless mint don’t “need” another one.
  • Have the ported Dolmar 7900 so no Solo 681 wanted anymore
  • Stihl 440/460 - still want (have two 25” ES bars with no home)
  • Husky 346xp, 357xp, 359 (my favorite class of saw)
  • MS200 or MS200T (top or rear handle)
  • Husky 576Xp auto tune (still want to try one)
  • Solo Twin or Stihl 090 AV version 2 (trade you whatever saw(s) you want)

Ok guys giving you one more chance before this goes on eBay tonight.
$599! President’s Day sale! includes powerhead, 24” 3001 mount duromatic bar and two new sprockets. This is a package deal only. Shipping is not included.

Mr. H,

What do you think of the 070?

What would you compare it too?

Longest Bar You would use on a healthy 070?
Sorry it took so long to see this post. To answer the question, I like mine but don't use it much as I only use it for really big wood. I've got an MS660 which will handle most of my stuff. I put the 070 as a notch or two above that. I have a 41" .404 bar on my 070 and I've bucked an oak that didn't completely bury it but was close. It cut it fine. The saw's strength is bucking big wood. (never tried milling with it)
They seem to run pretty well and have that ning ning dirt bike sound which is fun to listen to.
At the price this one is last advertised for (if it's still available) I think it would be worth having as a big saw for bucking or stumping. It's easy to fit the 090 cylinder on it but one would have to have a light hand if you didn't upgrade the clutch at the same time. I understand the 090 clutches are hard to come by. (or expensive)
I don't really have anything to compare it to. I've got a Homelite 750 I never ran it but expect it would be similar to that. ie, older, slower running but big displacement saw.

Weekend Bump

MS200T I got from Lonewolf a couple years ago as a back up to the back up top handle.

It got fresh Stihl fuel lines & other OEM rubber items installed by the Local Stihl Gold Tech.

It has my perfered AM gas floppy cap & Pull Handle.

It will come with the pictured decent 16” bar, or I can send a near new 14” Stihl B&C combo.

Please let me know.

I offer this in trade for the 070 without the bar, but with both sprockets.

You ship yours, I ship mine.

Sorry it took so long to see this post. To answer the question, I like mine but don't use it much as I only use it for really big wood. I've got an MS660 which will handle most of my stuff. I put the 070 as a notch or two above that. I have a 41" .404 bar on my 070 and I've bucked an oak that didn't completely bury it but was close. It cut it fine. The saw's strength is bucking big wood. (never tried milling with it)
They seem to run pretty well and have that ning ning dirt bike sound which is fun to listen to.
At the price this one is last advertised for (if it's still available) I think it would be worth having as a big saw for bucking or stumping. It's easy to fit the 090 cylinder on it but one would have to have a light hand if you didn't upgrade the clutch at the same time. I understand the 090 clutches are hard to come by. (or expensive)
I don't really have anything to compare it to. I've got a Homelite 750 I never ran it but expect it would be similar to that. ie, older, slower running but big displacement saw.

Thank You Mr. H.

MS200T I got from Lonewolf a couple years ago as a back up to the back up top handle.

It got fresh Stihl fuel lines & other OEM rubber items installed by the Local Stihl Gold Tech.

It has my perfered AM gas floppy cap & Pull Handle.

It will come with the pictured decent 16” bar, or I can send a near new 14” Stihl B&C combo.

Please let me know.

I offer this in trade for the 070 without the bar, but with both sprockets.

You ship yours, I ship mine.

Sorry not looking for trades anymore. I have a handful of near mint MS200Ts now. I can do $525 with 2 sprockets and without bar .

Sorry not looking for trades anymore. I have a handful of near mint MS200Ts now. I can do $525 with 2 sprockers and without bar .

I Missed that.

I’m Saw Poor now, with this being top handle #4: just offering what I thought you were looking for.

Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back