Stihl 075AV Original Carburetor Adjustment???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tapio

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am having trouble finding the original carburetor settings for my Stihl 075AV. Does anyone know what they would be??? If anyone has a manual, it would be posted in there.

Thanks.

What the Tilly carburetor model number?

I'm 95% sure they still used a Tillotson HS series, so start at 1 turn CCW out on Low screw, & 1-1/4 out on high speed screw (both from fully CW seated).

Thanks!

Hey, sorry I have not responded, I have been insanely busy! Thanks for your input! As soon as I get a spare moment, I'll look at what type/model carb it is.

I'm having a heck of a time trying to get mine to run right.

I think I have/had a plugged high port. I've messed with H adjustment. The adjustments were 1/2 turn on H and 2-3 turns on L.

I've tried the 1-1/4 H and 1 L, but can only get it to run with the choke 75% closed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

David

Hello!

I had a similar problem and not founding a manual for the saw, tried some other saw's settings. But then I found out that the TS760 is the same engine wise, and in that's manual, the base settings:
H 1/2 (!) CCW
L 1/4 (!) CCW
Which sounds way too lean. I started at one turn but that was so rich that the saw 'four stroked' when I used it. I ended up close to this (H) value.

Back