Stihl 077, 066 and MS350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hokiebob1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
There's a guy close to me selling the above saws for $250 apiece. He says they all run and are complete. I haven't seen them or pictures of them. Any thoughts--good deal, bad deal, what to look for or ask?

Also, I've googled the 077 and can't find any reference to it--did they even make one?

I'm not that familiar with Stihls so any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Thats what I thought--I've asked for some pics--I'll let you know what they are.

Now with pics. The 077 is apparently a 017, but I can't make out the MS???. Can anyone help identify it and offer opinions on the saws worths? Thanks for any help! The 066 would seem to be a fair deal if it runs ok, however I'm concerned that the 066 is actually written in marker on the top--can anyone tell if its correctly labeled?

thanks

The 017 sold for $169.95 new.
The 350 looks like a ms360 I'd go $200 if it runs good and everything checks okay.
The 066 is a good price if it checks out okay.
Just ask if you can pull the muffler and check the condition of the P&C.

Last edited:
That 066 looks like a beat POS if you ask me.

The MS3?? looks to be in decent shape.

The 017 has that written in black sharpie... WTF?

BTW the older Stihls were not labeled as MS. That didn't start until the 1990's I believe.

None of them are worth $250 bucks.

These are perfect ebay saws...:laugh:

Gary

The MS3X saw is an MS390. The 066 is the only one in the bunch that has the most potential of being worth $250, but it hasn't been well maintained. The chainbrake on the 066 has also been removed. They look like typical pawnshop saws to me.

Good point about the chain brake. I don't have a real need for the 066, but it could come in handy sometimes. Whats a "normal or typical" used selling price for the 066 in fair shape?

No such thing as an MS350, either.

As for whether they're worth it, it is hard to say without knowing more about the saws, their condition, their upkeep, their histor, etc..

I just found this site and forum doing a search on information pertaining to the MS350 that I own. It is difficult to find anything about it but I can assure you that they do exist, and it's an awesome saw.

i wanna see pics of the ultra rare ms350. i honestly hope you have a saw that is an actual ms350 cause it would be something we have never seen or heard of before. you sure your not confusing it with the husky 350. i've seen newbies confuse husky with stihl :givebeer:

Back