Stihl 090 for milling.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scallywag, here is the view of the decal and ignition module. To compare with your 070.
u7egyba9.jpg

ynaru6eg.jpg

Here are a few pics of my disconnected governor. Should I try to reconnect it or can I live without it?
And the idle screw. The chain was moving at idle. I thought that we the idle was set too high causing the clutch to engage.
tarabepy.jpg

zymyjuga.jpg

Here is another pic of my sprocket. I see what you mean, the sprocket itself is not bad. But the drum/rim has a deep score.
Does it matter! If not, I would rather not mess with it at this time, I don't want to dismantle the whole saw!
yvuqygut.jpg

And the last pic for tonight. What is this nut about?
Ho, and do you know where I could find a digital IPL? I don't want 92 pages of paper... I am sure there is a PDF somewhere...

esegave3.jpg

On the first of the 1106 series saws the spark plug was fitted at almost a right angle hence a piston stop would be useless on these saws. The bolt hole in your question would be for the fitting of a stopper to lock up the crank during maintenance on the older saws.

Whaa, that's awesome! I just join the group and there are two neighbors and another French guy!

2dogs and Bob, I live in Bonny Doon, near Empire Grade and Felton Empire. And I used to live on 35 near 9.
Yes I bought the saw from that dude in Aptos a few days ago. You bought your 090g from him a few months ago? How did you chose which saw to buy? He had so many.

I see he has a new ad for an 084. He wants $650. That's seems like a good price, right? He would probably drop it a bit too.

Would love to meet once your strep throat is healed. Good luck with that.
I received my Alaskan this morning. Can't wait to try it, but first I need to recover from my knee. Can't do much at the moment, except clean and sharpen the saw...

CapitainHaddock, I grew up in Royan, then live in Germany before coming to the US.

I spend some time where you live cutting firewood and hunting. I've been too busy with the mess at home to get up there lately.

I didn't get the saw from the guy selling the saws on craigslist. I have a friend who found it and called me to see if I was interested. He knows I like chainsaws.

I'll let you know when I get better. I don't get sick often but when I do it is bad. This time it's over a holiday weekend too. I hate summer colds.

Latest posts

Back