Stihl 192T + 193T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlskin

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Situation: 193T rebuild, doing up the flywheel nut gently and the crank broke off. Disappointing. I have an old 192T partially in pieces for parts.

QUESTION: Is the 192T crankshaft a fit for the 193T? part number difference is the last 2 numbers (192T - 0400) and the (193T - 0402)

I think the 193T is a strata system and the 192T not. But was there a need to change the crank, maybe the piston pin is different dimension. Just wondering if anyone has come across this before

I've been messing with a batch of 192/193/194 saws lately. I am 99% certain that the 192/193 parts are completely interchangeable, the 194 has some differences in the cylinder and engine pan. I did not try swapping the crankshaft from the 194 since that piston and cylinder were badly damaged, but I did swap the crankshaft/connecting rod/piston between a 192 and 193. I have Stihl IPL's that list both as 1137 030 0402.

None of the saws are strato models.

Mark

I've been messing with a batch of 192/193/194 saws lately. I am 99% certain that the 192/193 parts are completely interchangeable, the 194 has some differences in the cylinder and engine pan. I did not try swapping the crankshaft from the 194 since that piston and cylinder were badly damaged, but I did swap the crankshaft/connecting rod/piston between a 192 and 193. I have Stihl IPL's that list both as 1137 030 0402.

None of the saws are strato models.

Mark
Thanks Mark, Ill pull down the donor 192T and replace the crankshaft to the 193T. My IPLs state those small differences in numbers. I may have got the strato mixed up as Im also assembling a 201T which is the strato system I think. Sorry for the vague, these are project saws of mine that have been in storage over a year and are partially assembled but i have no memory of working on them. The 201T has a unique lumpy outside look on the cylinder that makes me say its a Strato. I obviously havent that much to do with these in the past.

But after this i should know a little more. My main crust lies in more usual Stihl suspects. i havent ventured into the computer type saws at this point.

I have to retreat a bit here...jltrent made a post (evidently deleted it) pointing out that there are quite a few differences between the 192/193/194 saws. One of the electronic IPL's that I was referencing was mislabeled (probably by me...) and the crankshafts are different part numbers between the 192 and 193.

I just received the crankshaft seals I was waiting for and will be back into the 192/193 saws today or tomorrow and will report back what I find.

Mark

After spending some time with these saws and the IPL's today, I think in fact there are five 192's and one 194. I was taken in by the labels on the saws and didn't consider that they had already swapped parts around.

This is out of the 194, from the IPL's I gather the 193 is the same.

20231219_150632.jpg

All of the others were like this.

20231219_155819.jpg

I have no idea what you might find when you get into your saws.

Mark

Mark, Ill have to pull them down and have a look comparison. The 194 looks more like the 193 from a cursory look. Ill report my findings as soon as i can get through work and xmas .

There is very little Interchangable between the 192 and 193. I made that mistake already redoing a ms 192 and bought a ms 193 as a parts saw. Non stratto vs stratto engine. Some of the cosmetics/ plastics were interchangeable.

I deleted the post as I know the little chain saws pretty good, but probably the only thing I have not done is compare the cranks and I wasn't 100% sure if they were the same and cost somebody money. A lot of parts do not interchange between these saws especially the 192T s and the others.

Latest posts

Back