• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 20" 3/8 .063 Bars and Chains

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring1898

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for something smaller than the 24" I have for the 70cc saw.
Trying to keep it all in budget, but not looking for junk.

I have a new old stock GB titanium listed it is 20" 3/8 .063

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You say you are not looking for junk then I guy offers you a new 18" ES bar for $45 DELIVERED and you tell him that is out of your price range? Hell I was going to give you a good deal on new Stihl chain but not now that I see your angle

I can buy a decent 20" consumer grade bar with replaceable sprocket tip for about $35 and have a fixed budget assigned to both a bar and some chains. I was not aware that consumer grade bars were considered "junk." He was generous enough to offer an excellent quality 18" bar, for a good price, but at the moment it is more than I am willing to pay and am not looking for an 18" bar at the moment as that length runs on my 50cc saw.

To use an analogy, if someone has a fixed budget for a car and snow tires and is given the chance to buy a rwd BMW at a great price (relative to BMW) but does not leave money for snow tires and isn't exactly what he is looking for with rwd, and he respectfully declines the offer, what kind of angle is he working?
Regardless of how good a deal it may be, it does not change the amount of money in the wallet.

Spend the $10 and stop with failed analogies. What exactly is your budget for new 20" Stihl chains?

Okay I think I see what is going on. I should have made the listing clearer.
I am looking for a 20" Stihl pattern bar 20" and 3/8 x .063 semi chisel chains.
Not specifically looking for Stihl Branded bars or chains as they likely exceed my budget unless I lowballed the seller which I have no intent to do.
A new consumer bar for $35, and 3 chains around $15 apiece is about $80. I am hoping to find something new or used under that amount.

Is that out the door? New loops of 72 driver 36RM/36RSC are $34.99 plus tax here. I will sell 3 loops for $60 delivered

Actually a little less than $14 per chain OTD, but Forester so not one of the big 3 brands, But for a homeowner level chain it has worked well. I can get Oregon for $17 a loop.
Though that is a tempting offer for Stihl Brand chain. I will have to let you know depending on what I pay for a bar.

Latest posts

Back