Stihl AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodchuckVT

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello, Newby to this site, I am impressed with the quality and the continuity,of your site, as well as forums. My questions; does anyone know if the early eighties, O24 SUPER, has a caged rod bearing? Next, does the new, MS290 FARM BOSS, series 1127, have anti-vibration of old or new design?
Thanx, It is a pleasure to be here. VT. Woodchuck:newbie:

Hello, Newby to this site, I am impressed with the quality and the continuity,of your site, as well as forums. My questions; does anyone know if the early eighties, O24 SUPER, has a caged rod bearing? Next, does the new, MS290 FARM BOSS, series 1127, have anti-vibration of old or new design?
Thanx, It is a pleasure to be here. VT. Woodchuck:newbie:

Welcome to the site. The 024, like Stihl's other saws, has needle bearings in the big rod end and ball bearings (arranged in a modular race) to hold each end of the crankshaft. I hope that's what you're looking for.

I'm not sure I know the difference between old and new antivibe designes... Stihl uses annular rubber buffers to isolate the body of the saw from the handles. No different for the 290.

Back