Stihl Bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Can a Stihl bar be purchased for 372, 385, 395 model Huskies? Or do the oil holes line up and its a non issue? Thanks.

possible if you can create the spacers for the bar. they only make a few mounting patterns, all of Stihls patterns fit exlusively stihl saws.

Walker`s Saw Shop sells the spacers to use Stihl bars on a Husky and I think Madsen`s may as well, never checked with Bailey`s but that would be easy enough.

BTW, unless you are going to buy the Stihl ES bars, the Stihl bars are no better than Husky bars, just pricier, and given the additional cost of the ES bars in most markets I don`t know if you are really gaining anything.

Russ

Lawn Masters said:
possible if you can create the spacers for the bar. they only make a few mounting patterns, all of Stihls patterns fit exlusively stihl saws.

Husky has 3 bar mounts
Stihl has 3 bar mounts

Husky bar mounts are the same as many others
Stihl bar mounts are exclusive with the exception of the 14mm (088) which is the same as the Oleo-Mac 999
As previously mentioned spacers can be used to successfully interchange them

Bill G said:
As previously mentioned spacers can be used to successfully interchange them
Are you sure about the interchange part of it?

To me it seems like the longer "tail" on the Husky (D009 equivalent) bars will effectively prevent their use on Stihl saws with D025 equivalent bar mounts, even if you adjust the bar studs on the saw to accept the bars.

I also wonder if the shorter tail of the Stihl bars will not make the chain derail easier if used on a Husky (or other saws with D009 mount).

Latest posts

Back