• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl bolts/hardware, and 036/034 parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mwmx54

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I need some bolts, basically anything you got for stihl equipment, they have to be t27 torx head, used or new I want them. Or, if you have a source for buying them that would work too. Other than from the dealer. I'm really enjoying buying parts saws and rebuilding them, but I absolutely hate when they have 10 different types of bolts. I also want random hardware like chain bumpers, bar plates, whatever you got. Next, I need a clutch and sprocket assembly for an 034/036, as well as a cylinder or piston, or both, this has to be oem. Decomp or not doesn't matter, can have some scoring, but needs to be able to clean pretty well. Thanks. And I'm still in the market for cheap bars and chains. And a starter assembly. But I'm okay with using a $20 huztl one, they're surprisingly good quality.

I do have a source for t27 torx screws as long as they are not back ordered at the moment. I have the clutch and sprocket and also a good oem 034 cylinder pm me for more info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need some bolts, basically anything you got for stihl equipment, they have to be t27 torx head, used or new I want them. Or, if you have a source for buying them that would work too. Other than from the dealer. I'm really enjoying buying parts saws and rebuilding them, but I absolutely hate when they have 10 different types of bolts. I also want random hardware like chain bumpers, bar plates, whatever you got. Next, I need a clutch and sprocket assembly for an 034/036, as well as a cylinder or piston, or both, this has to be oem. Decomp or not doesn't matter, can have some scoring, but needs to be able to clean pretty well. Thanks. And I'm still in the market for cheap bars and chains. And a starter assembly. But I'm okay with using a $20 huztl one, they're surprisingly good quality.

I got pretty frustrated looking for a source of M6 T-27 heads, there are some Chinee stuff on Ebay, I have been buying some M6 stuff with other head types on occasion. There is a guy on AS who sells some stuff, Dangerous Dave or something like that

I got pretty frustrated looking for a source of M6 T-27 heads, there are some Chinee stuff on Ebay,..................... There is a guy on AS who sells some stuff, Dangerous Dave or something like that

That is Definative Dave and he is a top notch guy to deal with. You do realize it is Chinese hardware ? I use it when I have to

Yes, I figure Chinese hardware is good enough for things like starter covers and less important areas, I have a small stash of oem screws for cylinders and cases. I have a lot of experience with crap hardware from China, I repair fitness equipment for a living, and even the good commercial grade stuff uses cheap Chinese hardware to bolt there cheap Chinese steel together these days. I wonder what percentage of parts have to actually be made in America, in order for companies to be able to put a stamp that says, made in America on it.

Well then I wondering why you are looking for T27 hardware. Simply send Dave a PM and he will have it in the mail. His shipping is lighting fast and prices very fair

What I am looking for is basically what would be left over after someone took and parted out a saw, some Chinese parts are more than acceptable for some of the saws that I am rebuilding, but some of the saws, I would like to have all oem parts. In a lot of cases used oem is better than new Chinese, depends on the circumstances.

I've heard there was a price drop or something. I did get a quote for a new 038 super p/c from my dealer and it was over $350. Maybe they didn't get the price drop memo, or it's something they're discontinuing. They didn't sell the piston kit alone any more without the cylinder, so I went used for that one. Do you know what a new oem piston kit for an 036 runs?

i would a jumped all over that. But they were discontinued for the 50mm 038. I did find a good used one with a good used cylinder for 45$ shipped, and through some caber rings in it. Runs damn good now.

Latest posts

Back