Stihl cahinsaw questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manco

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone have the saw that Stihl makes that the half-wrap handle goes straight across the top of the saw and instead of bolting on at the bottom close to the oil fill, it angles back toward the rear of the saw and bolts on close to the gas tank? I don't remember the size, just that it was a Stihl. It seemed to be a good idea as you could reach out with both hands to make a cut and your and left hand was slightly behind right hand. Am I explaining this right?
Also, why doesn't Stihl have any ads in any of the books I get that sell chain-saws?(Sherrill,Bailey's,Commercial Cutters Direct, Northern Tool, even Lowe's carries Husky) Is it the money thing advertising?

Stihl is only allowed to sell through dealers to people, who are talking in person to the dealer. no internet sales, no phone, or mail order sales either.

The handle you're thinking of is the one on the Stihl MS191T , Echo has one similar, but that saw is not available in the US.

Latest posts

Back