Stihl FG2 bench sharpener boo boo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumbilly

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I dunno what I was trying to prove but I broke the file holder for my stihl fg2.
7ebc160c80b48862b19a7774e2b76a8b.jpg
006669eb536c1ac6da8623fbc42cbe18.jpg

So I called in a favor with my brother in law who works at a machine shop.
He drew up a program and cut me some new ones luckily. Cause they are obsolete. Now that he's got it figured out he can cut them out in about an hour.

Yup. They're made out of tool steel. Extra HD. They definitely feel heavy but way more solid. The shafts are upgraded to 1/4" also.

My brother in law had the program mapped for he said he's gonna make me another set cause he messed up the hole distance on these. That will effectively burn up said favor. I can check on price tag.

I hate to say but I don't think I can get them made that cheap. It would be nice to find somebody to cast new ones. Just for cost wise.

Very cool. I would be in for a set and will pre pay:)

A set for double bevel files would be outstanding!

$50-75 for a round file set and $75-100 for double bevel files seems like a reasonable range.

982749a6c705be68c31059b0012f11f2.jpg

Here's the latest version. If there's any interest in them let me know. Or any suggestions. He won't use aluminum gums up the cutters.

Very cool. I would be in for a set and will pre pay:)

A set for double bevel files would be outstanding!

$50-75 for a round file set and $75-100 for double bevel files seems like a reasonable range.
982749a6c705be68c31059b0012f11f2.jpg

Here's the latest version. If there's any interest in them let me know. Or any suggestions. He won't use aluminum gums up the cutters.

Looks good. I am interested, I just have no idea how much this stuff cost to make. The fact that it can resurrect a NLA tool is priceless.

I will it would be nice to get a more detailed pic. I told him about it though.

Back