stihl flywheel pullers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pafire

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking for the flywheel puller to use on my stihl bg 86. When I search the ipl for this they supply part # 5910 893 0801 which is the threaded type puller. what is needed is a flat bar with 2 screws into the flywheel and a center bolt to press on the crankshaft to pull the flywheel. Also does anyone know the thread size and pitch of the screw holes in the flywheel.

I'm looking for the flywheel puller to use on my stihl bg 86. When I search the ipl for this they supply part # 5910 893 0801 which is the threaded type puller. what is needed is a flat bar with 2 screws into the flywheel and a center bolt to press on the crankshaft to pull the flywheel. Also does anyone know the thread size and pitch of the screw holes in the flywheel.
the holes are unthreaded on mine, i guess you have to use the self tapper type bolts from the cover ?

Stihl recommends this tool. I have one and have used it on many different trimmers/saws of many brands. Just thread it on hand tight, back it off like a 1/16th of a turn and smack the tool with a hammer. It shock loads and jars the FW loose. Sometimes I do pry one edge up gently after hitting to help pop off.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324850852253?hash=item4ba29ea19d:g:EBEAAOSwVtRheDjk

Latest posts

Back