Stihl gives away custom chopper to Ohio resident

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Reaction score
To think, I didnt even like stihl.:ices_rofl:
No wasnt me. :laugh: But someone right down the road. Here's the story.

STIHL Inc. Gives Away Custom Chopper to Ohio Resident

STIHL’s nationwide STIHL Street Boss sweepstakes culminated on June 11 in the awarding of a one-of-a-kind custom motorcycle to one lucky winner, selected at random from more than 64,000 entries. The drawing took place in mid-May, and the winner was Mansfield, Ohio, resident Michael L. Davenport.

Davenport, who grew up in Mansfield, has been self-employed for 21 years and is engaged to be married this summer. As he received the sweepstakes notice in the mail and promptly began filling out his entry for the drawing, his fiancé, Elaine Jacobs, taunted, “I can’t believe you’re wasting your time; your chances are one in a million!” To this he replied with a steadfast hope, “You can’t win if you don’t enter.”

Davenport is a former Harley motorcycle owner and long-time bike enthusiast. After selling his Harley Davidson Ultra Classic three years ago, he views the new chopper as a “real godsend.”

“I’ve never won anything in my entire life,” said Davenport. “It took a couple of days for it to even register in my mind that I had actually won.”

The keys to the chopper were presented to Davenport at a special event held at Mid-Ohio Gravely, an independent outdoor power equipment retailer in Mansfield, Ohio. The event began with a number of STIHL merchandise giveaways to the general public throughout the day. As an added bonus, visitors were entertained by the STIHL IRONJACK Timber Team’s lumberjack sports show, as part of a 32-week tour that showcases the athletes’ dexterity, speed and brute strength. Competitions included pole climbing, springboard chop, underhand chop, hot saw, obstacle pole and log rolling.

(And I will add, I went to Mid-Ohio dealer today and the service was great and getting my parts was smooth. Even shot the **** about stuff for what seems like 45 mins. It was well worth the 36 mile roundtrip. To not have to go to the tweeb of a closer stihl dealer close to me.)

Im with ya Cut4fun

(And I will add, I went to Mid-Ohio dealer today and the service was great and getting my parts was smooth. Even shot the **** about stuff for what seems like 45 mins. It was well worth the 36 mile roundtrip. To not have to go to the tweeb of a closer stihl dealer close to me.)[/QUOTE]

I hear you on that, I have a shop near (10 min. drive) the house but the Mechs. dont have the Stihl Gold rating,,, the closest Dealer like that is 32 miles away and the difference is like night and day,,,,They have most stuff on the self and can actually talk shop...... Well worth the drive,,,,

Cut4fun said:
To think, I didnt even like stihl.:ices_rofl:
No wasnt me. :laugh: But someone right down the road. Here's the story.

STIHL Inc. Gives Away Custom Chopper to Ohio Resident

STIHL’s nationwide STIHL Street Boss sweepstakes culminated on June 11 in the awarding of a one-of-a-kind custom motorcycle to one lucky winner, selected at random from more than 64,000 entries. The drawing took place in mid-May, and the winner was Mansfield, Ohio, resident Michael L. Davenport.

Davenport, who grew up in Mansfield, has been self-employed for 21 years and is engaged to be married this summer. As he received the sweepstakes notice in the mail and promptly began filling out his entry for the drawing, his fiancé, Elaine Jacobs, taunted, “I can’t believe you’re wasting your time; your chances are one in a million!” To this he replied with a steadfast hope, “You can’t win if you don’t enter.”

Davenport is a former Harley motorcycle owner and long-time bike enthusiast. After selling his Harley Davidson Ultra Classic three years ago, he views the new chopper as a “real godsend.”

“I’ve never won anything in my entire life,” said Davenport. “It took a couple of days for it to even register in my mind that I had actually won.”

The keys to the chopper were presented to Davenport at a special event held at Mid-Ohio Gravely, an independent outdoor power equipment retailer in Mansfield, Ohio. The event began with a number of STIHL merchandise giveaways to the general public throughout the day. As an added bonus, visitors were entertained by the STIHL IRONJACK Timber Team’s lumberjack sports show, as part of a 32-week tour that showcases the athletes’ dexterity, speed and brute strength. Competitions included pole climbing, springboard chop, underhand chop, hot saw, obstacle pole and log rolling.

(And I will add, I went to Mid-Ohio dealer today and the service was great and getting my parts was smooth. Even shot the **** about stuff for what seems like 45 mins. It was well worth the 36 mile roundtrip. To not have to go to the tweeb of a closer stihl dealer close to me.)

Good post there Cut. That was last years giveaway. They got a new bike they're giving away based on the 441 saw. That bike in your post was based on the TS700 concrete saw.

See ya found a good dealer too, cool beans.

RiverRat2 said:
I hear you on that, I have a shop near (10 min. drive) the house but the Mechs. dont have the Stihl Gold rating,,, the closest Dealer like that is 32 miles away and the difference is like night and day,,,,They have most stuff on the self and can actually talk shop...... Well worth the drive,,,,
The close dealer to me is the stihl gold rated one and they just plain out suck. i am not the only one that complained about them. You can be in a store in the saw section and here the horror stories of dealing with the tweeb dealer.
I am just glad i found a good one for the 066 parts. They are not listed as a gold dealer, but by golly they blow away the one that was. They even had every saw and cut off saw, trimmers and etc. I even noticed the quality of the file guides stihl has and will be picking up one of ever size to replace my 2 oregon ones and powercrap one, when i go to pick up the rest of my order.

Latest posts

Back