Stihl MS 150 TC Trigger Reassembly questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildernessJeep

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I had to replace the entire ignition coil/pack on my ~2016 MS 150 TC (the spark wire broke at the coil). If you've done one of these, you know you literally have to remove the motor from the chassis to replace it, which I have done. The motor came out easily. Everything else looks good to go, checked the worm gears and everything while it was apart. Now I'm having a tough time getting the springs and levers in the correct position for the handle/trigger going back together. Does anyone have a drawing, manual page, or photo of what the trigger is supposed to look like? I'm confused on the wiring in the front and the physical spring locations on the trigger. Also, note the two "leftover" black parts in the first photo that I can't figure out where they go. I think the small black grommet is for the fuel line at the carburetor; what's the larger black piece go to?

Attachments

• 20201108_181404.jpg
    20201108_181404.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • s-l1600 (7).jpg
    s-l1600 (7).jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 18
I can pull the side cover off mine and take a picture of that tomorrow.

I appreciate it. The MS200T is what the MS150TC wanted to be. I have an echo 303 that is bigger and heavier, but I prefer it to the 150 TC. I opened the exhaust on the 150 while I had it apart, and hope that helps it some. Mostly, the Echo starts and stays running, making it a heavy favorite.

Note the location of the 2 contact springs .
They go in first.
Then move the one that goes to the selector over with a screwdriver and put in the master switch. then the lockout lever and spring etc.

Perfect!!! That's what I was looking for! Any ideas what that square box black plastic thing goes to? (Circled red in the photo).

Attachments

• 20201108_181404.jpg
    20201108_181404.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
Back