• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl MS 260 pro Very Low Hour Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jughead500

Sasquatch
Reaction score
Saw Looks nearly new. Other than a few scratches on the air filter cover and a number engraved under the Bar mounting pad.Bought this one from a utility department auction back last year.Looks to have only had a couple hours use before being straight gassed.I cleaned the cylinder and it only had a couple of fine score marks in the cylinder on the exhaust side.I installed a genuine stihl piston kit,new wrist pin bearing,base gasket and NGK plug.right now i have only ran the saw 10 minutes to burn out the assembly lube.One muffler bolt hole in the left case will have to be chased with a tap or helicoiled.it looked like they had started to strip it when they took the muffler off.
Saw comes with the Original 18" bar and I will include a .325 .063 ga chain i just bought for it.I'll sharpen the old chain and run it in some wood to make sure everything is ok.
The muffler has a little rust from where they had the muffler in a plastic bag and moisture condensed in it.Not bad.I did soak it in evaporust before i reinstalled it.Muffler isn't Modified and the limiter caps are still on the carb adjustment screws.
Asking $400+ Shipping.It's not as nice as the refurbished ones on ebay but still a nice Saw with many years of use ahead of it.If the buyer wants I can mod the Muffler and derestrict the Carb
Will post Pictures later today as I get a chance.

So the carb has a high speed adjustment? Mine only had the L screw. I replaced it with a wt-194, and muffler modded it.

yes pretty sure it has the wt194.waiting for my phone to charge and rain to quit to take pictures

Latest posts

Back