• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl MS 390 Cylinder and Piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freudianfloyd

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
It sounds like you are wanting oem, but I just ordered a 390 cylinder and piston kit today from HL Supply for $30.07 as part of their sales.

Freudianfloyd

Freudianfloyd

I have a 290 cylinder but want to upgrade to the 390 which requires a piston, rings, and cylinder change. Everything else is same for 290 or 390.
I understand but the kit has everything you would need to upgrade.

I know it's not the same quality of oem, but I am just doing a cheap rebuild on a 290 I picked up the other day.
Here is a link to the sale...
https://www.hlsproparts.com/Stihl-039-MS390-cylinder-assembly-49mm-overhaul-p/h30390-dns.htm

Edit: I see you were responding to the previous poster and not me, but either way it is still an option.

oman

ArboristSite Lurker
I appreciate all the input and I will look at HL Supply. I would prefer an OEM cylinder as this saw will be seeing some heavy use. I am just trying to avoid Stihl's outrageous markup on parts. Thanks again and keep on cutting!

Freudianfloyd

Freudianfloyd

I appreciate all the input and I will look at HL Supply. I would prefer an OEM cylinder as this saw will be seeing some heavy use. I am just trying to avoid Stihl's outrageous markup on parts. Thanks again and keep on cutting!
I dont blame you. My saw will be for fun, or I may flip it, so i dont plan on it seeing hard work.

Latest posts