Stihl MS250 Carburetor Screen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hometheaterman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well, I got my MS250 engine put back together, but it seemed to be having a fuel delivery problem. I took the carburetor apart to clean it out and while I was blowing it out this screen popped off. It looked like it had been folded in half from the line in the middle, but I'm doubting it was supposed to be. The only place I can figure it goes is over one of the jets, but it doesn't fit perfectly there. I left it out just to test it and the saw runs great. Now I just need to figure out where this goes and get one of the insulators for the handle ordered since mine is torn. Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• PXL_20230516_233753037.jpg
    PXL_20230516_233753037.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230516_233749140.jpg
    PXL_20230516_233749140.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Thank you for that! It's very helpful. If I'm looking at it correctly would go about where I thought this thing might.

First photo kind of shows that screen mesh is still well gunked up- might be easier to buy a kit and fit a new screen.
But if you look close you can see the screen was a "cup" shape and can be reformed into such on the chuck end of an appropriately sized drill bit (easiest tool to refit the screen as well and keep it square in the hole).
I would be soaking the one you had in carb cleaner overnight if possible, let it dry, reshape it and fit it back in place.

Back