• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl MS260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_In_VT

Brrraaaaap!
Reaction score
Just got an MS260 in partial trade for a saw I sold.I need a good 50cc saw. I really want a 346xp. This just doesn't match the rest of my saws. So I'd like to swap this MS260 for a 346xp in similar condition.
NOT sell it.

It runs, starts 2nd pull, has 150psi but a bit of scoring on the piston. Probably needs all new rubber stuff, and a carb kit, you know the drill. Something funky going on with the front tank AV mount, it's loose, I don't know these Stihls too well, I don't know why. Case isn't busted though.

It is not a PRO model- no decomp, no adjustable oiler, I guess those were the only differences?
Has a lightly used 20" .325 Rollomatic E bar and chain. Clutch drum and sprocket look new (Stihl parts)

Has "lugnutz" scratched into the air filter cover.

I will swap for a similar condition 346xp, IE one needing some repair, but not totally clapped out.
If no interest in a trade, I'll fix and sell.

Pictures to follow.

FWIW, it did have the adjustable oiler as seen in #6.

I think the casting was there on the crankcase. I did not see a screw to adjust anything there, although I didn't look very hard. Doesn't matter, I don't have it anymore.

Back