• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl ms310 cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harzack223

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
As the title states, I am looking for a good used or new cylinder for a 310. Friend gave me a saw that has the plug threads stripped. Haven't tore it down yet but may also be interested in a piston if the price is right.

Won't be home for a week , in Maui, but might have a good used own 310 cylinder available. Have to pull locked up saw apart first and check if its salvageable. Already ordered oem replacement for its rebuild.

After inspecting a little it appears someone bought the wrong spark plug. Piston has a chunk missing on the top of it. I assume it pushed the plug right out and that's how it stripped.

I concur with going the aftermarket 039/MS390 route. There aren't too many aftermarket 310 engine parts available.
The aftermarket kits are cheap. I have a complete OEM NOS kit (non decomp) 039/390 but it's not cheap...

I know its my cheapest option. I am just a ltitle concerned with reliability and quality as I plan to sell this saw once rebuilt. Don't want an unhappy customer a few months down the road. Which aftermarket kits are of better quality?

I've had good experience with the Farmertec cylinders. Used a lot of them. Had one failure out of many and that was due to a broken circlip. I trim those now so shouldn't see that again. I would recommend tearing the saw down completely before ordering parts so you know how extensive of a kit to acquire. And then be patient as it takes about 3 weeks or so to receive it if you ordered it from Hong Kong.

I'll look into those, thanks. I have a few clamshells to repair this month and not looking forward to doing any of them.

There are also US sellers for the same kits if you want it quicker. Depending on how big of a hurry I am in i will select US only in my searches. Sadly, I have recently been getting some if my Chinese orders in faster than some stateside orders...

I am not the seller but someone has a new old stock cylinder on eBay for $60 shipped, it seems to be an excellent deal. 122175435094

232123171155 if you still need a cylinder, check this out. I have oem stihl cylinder on my saved searches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull the cylinder and use a helicoil.. I have fixed several cylinders with them, all of which still work to this day. Excellent $2 fix

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back