• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl MS440 Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For sale is a great running MS440 chainsaw. This saw is all original and in excellent condition, with the exception of the B&C. Just this evening I went through the saw entirely, taking it all the way down to the crankcase. The saw was completely disassembled and cleaned. The P&C were decarboned. They are both in excellent condition. The carb was cleaned and re-tuned. The saw starts, runs, and oils as it should It's wearing a brand new 20" Stihl ES bar, 3/8, .050. Also included is a brand new Stihl RS chain. This saw is ready to go straight to the woods. If you would like, I will mod the muffler and re-tune. While I'm at it, I'll shoot the muffler with a coat of hi-temp paint. The price is $550 + shipping FIRM. PM me if interested.

IMG_4492-L.jpg

IMG_4493-L.jpg

IMG_4494-L.jpg

IMG_4495-L.jpg

IMG_4496-L.jpg

IMG_4497-L.jpg

IMG_4498-L.jpg

IMG_4501-L.jpg

IMG_4502-L.jpg

IMG_4503-L.jpg

IMG_4504-L.jpg

Such a shrimpy bar for that saw! It will run great with a 28". The muffler really only needs a DP CDN 460 cover and re-tuned carb, which will boost the power to near a stock 460. A Snellerized MM should do just as well though. Only mod they really need, IMO.

The price is nice and it is tempting. Very tempting... good saws the 440. They cut, they last and they are one of the best saws that Stihl ever made. Saw of choice for many a faller in the PNW. Tempting...

Latest posts

Back