Stihl Paint?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, 2k is the best, but has serious health implications from what I have been told. Shouldn’t be sprayed out in the open with people / neighbours near by!
I would agree with you, if, you lived in an inner city town house or plan on painting 10 every week. Wear a good mask and long sleeves and go to it.

I have used them extensively and never had an issue with spills. Though come to think about it, your fuel has alcohol in it which will destroy it. We don’t in Western Australia and I can soak parts in fuel and it doesn’t cause any problems!
Stihl does sell aerosols. I believe the OP was looking for a paint code so he could get decent paint.
I have the ppg codes at my shop. One color is burnt sienna but there were many shades of orange, red and more than1 grey. I have added flex agent and painted the plastics as well with satin clear.

I enjoyed reading all of the information on this thread. Very informative to say the least. That said, has anyone come up with a way to restore, buff or polish the older Stihl orange plastic parts like engine shrouds and air filter covers that have faded from age without painting them?

I enjoyed reading all of the information on this thread. Very informative to say the least. That said, has anyone come up with a way to restore, buff or polish the older Stihl orange plastic parts like engine shrouds and air filter covers that have faded from age without painting them?
I use 3M buffing compound, it's what is on the shelf. You have to be careful with speed and pressure. What I find easier however is a light sand with 800 (and I'm talking very brown or faded plastic). You can get the black stihl letters clean without erasing them and then coat with satin clear. Sometimes I use regular clear on grey and scuff down before the clear is full dry with 1200 and then it rubs out satin finish if I don't have satin in stock. I use transtar clear, the only thin I add flex additive to is TS350 air filter. Nothing else flexes enough.

Back