Stihl Registration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkersh409

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought a 290 Friday and was going through the book to look for the card to send in to have it registered under my name. I could not find any where in the book or online to register the saw. Does anyone know how I can register the saw for warrantee?

Thanks,
Robert

you register the saw for warranty at the authorised stihl dealer where you baught the saw....

Call a customer rep to verify that you are, indeed, registered for warranty services. If not, simply ask them to do it for you-it is customer service, right?

The dealer did not take any of my info due to no power. It was like buying a saw from walmart. "That will be $400, thank you, come again". That fast and simple. I understand that he cant put it into the computer but couldn't he take down my info for a later date.

I called him asking him how to register the saw. He told me to go onto Stihl website and register it. I told him their is no place to register and it said the dealer was to enter it. He told me to look around some more and if not call him back in a few days.

If I call the Stihl rep what will they need to know? Where would I find the serial number to the saw?

Thanks again!
Robert

Last edited:
WOW, Sounds like a lazy dealer.....

He sounds like he is a real go getter. Let him know you took care of it yourself, also mention all future purchases for mix, bar oil, chains, etc. will go to "other" dealer down the road! Lazy Bastad.......

If there is a problem with the dealer not wanting to register it, email stihl on the web. I have done that a couple of times and they always reply within 24hrs to my question, and are ALWAYS kind and courteous

Every Stihl saw comes with a paper registration inside the box. The Dealer should have a stack of them... He is just being lazy.

Go back, fill in the paperwork, and take your copy.

In the big picture, it has little effect on the warranty. You need ONE of three things- Sales receipt, registration form, or, registration recorded at Stihl (either by online via the dealer, or, the paper copy posted to Stihl by the Dealer).

Last edited:
The dealer should register the unit, not the customer. You can call 1-800-gostihl, press "2". Be prepared with name, address, phone number, date of purchase, name of dealer you bought the saw from, model number and the serial number. The serial number can be found on a sticker on the front of the saw and it is also stamped on the engine housing, it will be a nine digit number starting with the number "2".

Back