Stihl sale prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigger-Time

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Farm store has Stihl products on sale

660 $879
066 $849
460 $735
361 $559
Bar oil 1 gal. $5.49
Stihl chain 2 or more
16" $12 ea.
24" $16 ea
36" $23 ea

My wife is going to shoot me, I put a MS660 on layaway!
In the last 3 weeks have bought MS460, MS200T, used 066
dead 066, and traded my 12 year old 036, on a MS361
I have been on leave from work this week, have used
5 gallons of pre-mix. So the saws are getting broke in
(and me to). I hope my wife's new HUSBAND LIKES SAWS :hmm3grin2orange:

Gary

Trigger-Time said:
I hope my wife's new HUSBAND LIKES SAWS :hmm3grin2orange:

Gary

Don't worry. She'll get your login too. We'll make sure he maintains them. LOL

Fred

Fred, If that happens I will fill the tanks with a 200:1 oil mix:chainsaw:

Cut4fun, Yes, Off the top of my head I know of 3 farm
stores that sell Stihl's. All 3 keep a good size of inventory
of Stihl's

I'm need to know how to use the Quote thing.
I tried it but it did'nt come out right, will try
it some more later.

Gary

Cut4fun said:
Did I read that right, FARM STORE SELLING STIHLS?
Most farm stores here sell them also. The servicing dealer bit is warm, cushy feeling bunk.

Last edited:
Cut4fun said:
Did I read that right, FARM STORE SELLING STIHLS?

One of the best Stihl dealers in this area is a familiy owned "Farm Store" They provide excellent service and that is what makes a good dealer.

Bill

Bill G said:
One of the best Stihl dealers in this area is a familiy owned "Farm Store" They provide excellent service and that is what makes a good dealer.

Bill

Good post Bill. Even without service, I'd still rather buy (anything, saws included) from a local farm store than from Home Depot or Lowes. At least the farm store will likely give a hoot about your business and usually try to take care of you because they're local and need your business. The guy at Lowes selling you your saw this week will sell you a light switch next week and a box of nails the next and still not remember you.

But I guess at the box store, if you have a problem with your saw, you can stand in line at the customer service desk for 20 minutes and get a new saw!

Yeah, Stihl is way off the mark...:rolleyes:

A "farm store" does not always constitute a "box store" although some seem to look at them the same way. There is feed store about 50 miles south of me that sells both Husky and Stihl. I cannot speak to their knowledge nor customer support but I can assure you they are no "box store" nor is the dealer I mentioned earlier.

Bill

Bill, You are correct

The farm stores that I'm talking about
are not any kind of box stores, All 3 stores have full service
saw shop's. I owner of the store was who I bought the saw
from, He knows his products as dose most of his employees
in his store, I have a few extra bars, so he knocked $50 off
with out bar and chain, I'm not going to need the 660 until
spring. The owner said I could leave it there as long as I wanted
and the warranty would not start until I, pick it up.
He has also done this with the Tory Built tiller, Bought it in
the fall of the year, picked it up next spring, warranty
started when we picked it up.

Gary

Maybe this is a stupid question but, is a farm store some kind of chain store. Why I ask is because in my area there is a John Deer Implement store that sells Stihls. Is this what you guys call a farm store? Because if it is they are NOT a box store. My idea of a box store is Wal-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot etc. This John Deer store is locally owned and most of them, not all, care give a crap.

AJLOGGER said:
Maybe this is a stupid question but, is a farm store some kind of chain store.

No, They are like a hardware, for farmers, lots of cattle, horse, truck,
tractor, fencing, welding supplies, and LOTS OF SAWS:biggrinbounce2:

Gary

P.S. How do you do this quote thing?

fishhuntcutwood said:
Good post Bill. Even without service, I'd still rather buy (anything, saws included) from a local farm store than from Home Depot or Lowes. At least the farm store will likely give a hoot about your business and usually try to take care of you because they're local and need your business. The guy at Lowes selling you your saw this week will sell you a light switch next week and a box of nails the next and still not remember you.

But I guess at the box store, if you have a problem with your saw, you can stand in line at the customer service desk for 20 minutes and get a new saw!

Yeah, Stihl is way off the mark...:rolleyes:
I'm telling you, the ones in farm stores around here do not know saws, nor do they service them. I can provide much better saw service than them, being a meager Home Depot employee, and so can another associate who works there. Get a smart assed customer though, and no one will give them good service. And I do, believe it or not, remember the names of my good repeat customers.

If anyone knows what a "Mills Fleet Farm" is, the local one sells Pull On, McCulloch, and Husqvarna. Biggest Husky they have is like a 357.

Our real farm stores were bought out by the BOX store type farm store chain. TSC Tractor Supply Company. There is as many of them around me as there is walmarts. 3 and 3. So farm stores has took on all new meanings to me about 8-10 years ago. The FARM store here started selling Huskys. All the way up to that:hmm3grin2orange: big 455. When we had farm and country stores we got service too, but you want find that at these new box store farm stores. Yes they sell feed, tractor parts, they are like a hardware store for us rural folk, for farmers, lots of cattle, horse, truck,
tractor, fencing, welding supplies and saws too. But they are a box store here now. Just another big chain store with, rural supplies. Thats why I was suprised when you said stihl was sold in a farm store. Here that is like selling in walmart, lowes, home depot. Now you see why I was SHOCKED.

Cut4fun, Yes these are real farm stores. There are a few chain
farm stores around also, 2 of the 3 real farm stores have the full
line of Stihl's & Husky's, and are full service dealers,from selling
you a spark plug to doing a rebuild, Bill's farm & home has a display
in the store and a smaller building to the side to do repair work.
I'm in a rural area (I live out in the sticks) mostly small towns,
my home town has about a population of 1000, as of most
of the towns around,

I need to back up, I did not see any Stihl MS880 at any of the stores.:(
But did see a new Husky 395xp and 2 used.
Gary

John Deere store here is both an Echo and Stihl dealer. On the outskirts of town so they carry both farm and suburban yard care stuff. They have a full chainsaw parts dept., along with a ton of safety clothing, accessories, etc. They aren't the gabbiest types, but if you know your part number and etc., they have racks of parts. Prices on the higher side, but they have them.

Only problem I ever had with them was when I was tractor shopping and they tried to interest me in one of those "inexpensive" Chinese-made tractors. They were large enough, and supposedly 25 or 30 Hp, don't remember, and less than $10K...but they looked like cheap mockups of a real tractor. They pushed them pretty hard. [I went with Kubota, but still go by there for saw bars and etc. since my Stihl dealer closed down. Sigh.]

spacemule said:
I'm telling you, the ones in farm stores around here do not know saws, nor do they service them.

I believe you Rex. You'll find that even in "full service" dealers. I've bought four 440/460 dual port muffler covers for guys in parts of the country who's Stihl dealer didn't know what they were, and supposedly couldn't get them. You'll have crappy, shotty dealers anywhere you go. It goes the other way too. I'm sure there's excellent saw guys in HD's around the country. I wasn't pointing to you. I'm sure you're good with your customers, and you could sell a saw with more knowledge than some full dealers out there.

I was just illustrating that by and large, alot of the farm stores are locally owned and operated, while the HD's and Lowes are chains and often the service runs accordingly, and that I don't think that Stihl selling in farm stores is a backdoor to their dealer only policy. There's always exceptions.

Farm stores in my area are all Stihl dealers. I was in there one day during a promotion and they had a factory rep visiting. Pretty good guy and knew his stuff. The rest of the time, there is no one there who has a clue. On seperate occasions I have tried to get a spark plug, a drive sprocket and a bar cover. Ended up ordering online. In some regards, I do like the stores, but when it comes to saws, they would have to step up a notch or two to compare to Lowes or Home Depot. If you know exactly what you want and find it hanging on display, you are in luck. Otherwise, no dice. Even so, I believe that they sell a lot of saws.

GitWood said:
Farm stores in my area are all Stihl dealers. I was in there one day during a promotion and they had a factory rep visiting. Pretty good guy and knew his stuff. The rest of the time, there is no one there who has a clue. On seperate occasions I have tried to get a spark plug, a drive sprocket and a bar cover. Ended up ordering online. In some regards, I do like the stores, but when it comes to saws, they would have to step up a notch or two to compare to Lowes or Home Depot. If you know exactly what you want and find it hanging on display, you are in luck. Otherwise, no dice. Even so, I believe that they sell a lot of saws.

Did you stop buy Boney's last week ? Larry (MVS) was there with a few saws.

Bill

hamradio said:
If anyone knows what a "Mills Fleet Farm" is, the local one sells Pull On, McCulloch, and Husqvarna. Biggest Husky they have is like a 357.

The Mill's Fleet and Farm and the Blain's Farm and Fleet stores are not farm stores they are box stores.

Bill

Latest posts

Back