stihl second chain brake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. . . Just seems like to me that saws are getting over safety thought. More weight more things to break . . . It's a tool, you need to know how to use it. . . .

Same thing with cars. They were so simple in the 1920's. Then they started adding dual circuit brake systems, tires that don't blow out, safety glass, seat belts, and steering columns that collapse instead of piercing you sternum in a crash.

If people would just look where they are going, we wouldn't need all that safety stuff.

Philbert

Just seems like to me that saws are getting over safety thought. More weight more things to break and then when someone gets hurt with the newest safety devise anyways they will add more stuff untill the saws usefulness is severely compromised. It's a tool, you need to know how to use it. I hate it when they make things idiot proof and people who are trained and use the tool safely are penalized.

haha first off one thing you said is impossible, there is no way to make anything idiot proof! no way no how.

and i think that people are just not adjusted to the new safety features things have, back then when chainbrakes came out people were ripping them off, poking out the spark arrestors and turning the saws back into what they used to be. but now a days we look back and say wow a chainsaw without a chainbrake?
i personally think that we need to do more for safety, and promote chainsaw safety classes more. More and more people these days are picking up saws to go and get there own firewood, and they have no knowledge of how to do things safely or how to use saws correctly. and i can only foresee that in the future there will be more and more chainsaw related injuries or property damage because of all of the inexperienced firewood cutters looking for a way to heat without oil. i cringe every time i drive by a house in the city and see some guy in his backyard cutting wood with a poulan wood shark in sandals and shorts. its only a matter of time before something happens.

Back